Worth waiting for Z4...

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I was going to move from a M8 to a Z3, but not it seems the Z4 will be arriving sooner rather than later.
Do you think it will be worth waiting for considering there will most likely be €200 or so difference in price?

Posted via the Android Central App

Jm9301

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
It appears to be another iterative upgrade. The SOC will be slightly faster, the ram will likely be a little more effiicent, etc But i personally don't see it being worth $200 more. The one thing i would much prefer over my Z3 is that open charging port, popping the flap all the time on my phone is annoying to say the least and my magnetic charging cable has yet to arrive.

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
The move from an M8 to Z3 seems like a very lateral upgrade. Both use the 801, both have about the same size screen, both have front facing speakers etc... That said the Z3 is a fine phone in my opinion. I personally would wait for the Z4 though to at least get an upgrade in the processor / gpu department and what looks like a flap free charging port (my only gripe with the Z3).

The M8 is a fine phone, any reason you're not looking at the M9?

Sony Z3 via the Android Central App

TheUnknownUser

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I made the move from the M8 to the Z3. I've been very happy with my decision. I personally can't say if the upgrade is worth the extra 200 or not. I know I'll most likely get the Z4 just because I always like having the latest flagship, of the device I'm using at the time.

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
The move from an M8 to Z3 seems like a very lateral upgrade. Both use the 801, both have about the same size screen, both have front facing speakers etc... That said the Z3 is a fine phone in my opinion. I personally would wait for the Z4 though to at least get an upgrade in the processor / gpu department and what looks like a flap free charging port (my only gripe with the Z3).

The M8 is a fine phone, any reason you're not looking at the M9?

Sony Z3 via the Android Central App

I'm looking to change as I'm a bit bored with the M8 after having 6 or so flagship HTC phone on the run. Great phone, but I'd like something a different ui wise.
Probably between the Z4 the LG G4 (although the screen is a little big) and a outside bet is a Samsung S6, although the lack of an SD card is hard compromise.

Wollombi

May 29, 2012
Visit site
If what Sony did with the Z2 when the Z3 came out is any indication, it might be good to wait until the Z4 is released anyway, even if you go with the Z3. When the Z3 was released, the Z2 saw some pretty good price reductions/discounts.

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I would hold off entirely. This Z3 is nice but Sony is about to exit the phone market and they are notorious for cutting support when they exit a market. Plus, as a T Mobile Z3 owner in the states, I honestly don't expect to see Lollipop (official) until mid to late May. The LG G4 is my next target or perhaps the new Nexus. Sony has me even considering the next iPhone (shudder).

DJ Grand Theft Audio

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I have an M8 at the moment. Looking for a new phone. Looked at the m9, reports of camera not up to scratch. Looked at Samsung s6, no front facing speakers or micro sd card slot. Looked at nexus 6. Has front facing speakers. Oh! but no sd card support I'll see what the z4 has to offer. Oh! Reports that the z4 won't come with micro sd card support. No Sony z4 for me.
Maybe wait for LG g4. Has sd slot . Oh! But no front facing speakers and buttons r on the back.

Dam no new phone for me

2015 - Phones from Hell.

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I have an M8 at the moment. Looking for a new phone. Looked at the m9, reports of camera not up to scratch. Looked at Samsung s6, no front facing speakers or micro sd card slot. Looked at nexus 6. Has front facing speakers. Oh! but no sd card support I'll see what the z4 has to offer. Oh! Reports that the z4 won't come with micro sd card support. No Sony z4 for me.
Maybe wait for LG g4. Has sd slot . Oh! But no front facing speakers and buttons r on the back.

Dam no new phone for me

2015 - Phones from Hell.

I believe the Z4 will have SD card...

TheUnknownUser

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I would hold off entirely. This Z3 is nice but Sony is about to exit the phone market and they are notorious for cutting support when they exit a market. Plus, as a T Mobile Z3 owner in the states, I honestly don't expect to see Lollipop (official) until mid to late May. The LG G4 is my next target or perhaps the new Nexus. Sony has me even considering the next iPhone (shudder).

Sony had stated they aren't getting out of the phone market.

Frazzel 001

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Well I have lost my confidence in Sony. My z1 is now being used for a spare phone.

Tired of overheating camera issues and it seems this has carried on to newer models. And slow to shoot... On to my first ever Samsung S6 Edge and not looking back

droid4lyf

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I moved from HTC M8 to Z3 instead of M9 because superficially speaking, I hate that the HTC has an asymetrical screen. When in landscape mode, one side would be wider than the other and I hate that. One thing I liked about the Z3 is that it has SD card support. I am not particular with removable battery anymore as I have a power bank. Besides, I realized, though one has 2 batteries for their phone, how can one charge the spare battery while the other battery is inside the phone? There is no stand alone battery charger for phone batteries. So, having an extra battery is moot as one needs to drain one battery first before he/she can change the battery and charge it.

I also love the magnetic charging port. It charges the phone as quickly as using the USB port. And it won't damage the USB cover with the constant opening and closing of the flap. How I wish that there will come a time when we can also use the magnetic port to transfer data.

Being waterproof is also an added bonus. And did I mention that I want my screen to be symmetrical?

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Sony had stated they aren't getting out of the phone market.

I know what they said. They also said the same thing when the exited the GPS market (back when there WAS a GPS market). They also said the same thing when they exited the PC market. Listen, the Z3 is a nice phone. But their Lollipop fiasco has cost them the American market. I was in T Mobile yesterday and heard them actively discouraging the Z3 to customers. Yes, Sony has the Z4 out now but only in Japan. They'll probably soft release it in the US but I honestly think that Sony is just so poorly run that they cannot keep up with the software innovation anymore. So you have superior hardware and inferior integration.

If you're not in the Play Station division, I don't think you get Sony resources.

Just my $.02

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Taking deliver of a white Z3 over the next couple of days. Looking forward to a change from HTC.
Anyone recommend a case for the Z3 nothing bulky and not a flip case...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa