Z5C Serious Lag Issues

YesEvil

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced major lag issues with their Z5C?
I've had mine a couple of months now and it just seems a lot slower than my old Z3C. Sometimes I can be waiting 10-15 seconds for the phone to respond and an app to open.

I'm not a majorly heavy user, but I do spend a bit if time on social media and Web browsing.

Could it be something to do with the fact that I constantly have around 10-15 Web pages open in Chrome?
If so, is there a browser that would handle this better or am I best just opening pages when I need them?

I know the obvious answer is going to be factory reset, but that's always a pain. Is there a quick way of restoring everything to speed up the process?

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Chrome is and always has been a memory hog! Mine unit is very fast, snappy and smooth but I never have that many tabs open. I assume that is the problem..

You can check it by opening tabs one at a time and see how performance is effected. Start with one tab, then two, then three and so on. At some point you will notice where the problem is -v- the number of tabs open before the slow down.

A factory reset will do nothing if Chrome is eating all the memory because of the number of open tabs..

Find a browser that's less of a memory hog. There are plenty in the Play Store so you may just need to download and try them before deciding..

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana