Why can't I delete files from my SD card on Android 6?

A

AC Question

I can't delete files from my SD card on Android 6

Got a new Sony Xperia Z5 compact with Android 6. And now I can't delete files from SD card using any file manager I download as well as phones file manager. Used to be able to do this fine with old phone and old Android. Anyone got a simple way around this?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah not sure why they thought it would be a good idea to take away functionality from the SD but they did. You'll find that you can't save to it either. You'll have to use a tether or an adaptor. Sorry.

VidJunky posted via the HTC M9

Zandersinger

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
Re: I can't delete files from my SD card on Android 6

Can't even delete with a tether... What does Google have to say about this? This is bull****! Control over my files is one of the main reasons I choose Android over iPhone...

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

What steps are you taking? JIC, do you have an adaptor?

VidJunky posted via the HTC M9

joshua_sx1

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site

Even using your pc browser wouldn't delete any files saved in your phone memory and SD card. The only way you can delete it is if you have the paid version of File Commander.

kinverkid

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Samsung S5
I'm having the same problem. I've tried to erase audiobooks as I've read them then the next time I look the folder and contents are back. I've erased it using the phone then plugged it into my computer and finally shut down the device, removed the card and put it into a card reader. Each time I return to the phones My Folder and check all the files come back. The reason I use Android is that I have almost complete control over what I put on or take off my phone so what is going on?