Forgotten Pattern Lock - Xperia Z5

Trimshaw

Jun 12, 2018
Visit site
Somehow, 3 hours after getting my new S9, I had forgotten the pattern lock for my now old Xperia Z5. I tried the Android Find My Device but did not have the "Lock" option that I saw on other forum sites. I also tried the dr. fone- Recover, but my device was not supported, of course. I do not have USB debugging enabled, as I forgot to re-enable it after my last data wipe.

Im currently at 112 attempts of different patterns to try to unlock it and counting...

Can anyone help me?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, there's not much that can be done for that. You'd have to do a hardware key factory reset, after which it'll ask you for your Google account and password (which is for Factory Reset Protection) to complete the reset. But of course, this will wipe the data on the phone.

Find My Device can only remotely set a screen lock PIN/password for a device that didn't have a screen lock to begin with. Otherwise, it will just lock the phone using the existing screen lock -- there's no way to remotely change it.

Trimshaw

Jun 12, 2018
Visit site
Thank you B. Diddy, I sort of knew I was out of options, but was hopeful that someone on here would know something no one else does.

I guess I will keep trying different patterns, I'm currently at 164 attempts. I can't believe Google has nothing to fix this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac