Olympics London 2012

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
So, let's talk Olympics London 2012!

Who's going to win what?

Did you know the Olympics actually started today 25th July, with Women's Football?

Okay, let's do this...

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
One day to go...

I wish someone would have create an app or a ticker for Windows XP & 7. People use to create those all the time for the World Cup, etc.

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm English, from Hackney. I'm not being bias, but the opening ceremony was very well done. I will say this, there were a lot of things shown, that to me, unless you're from the UK, you just simply wouldn't get.

Anyway, in other news, it is a shame that Spain lost today; to me they played better, even more so in the second half. Mata was outstanding...

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I was heart broken, Anyone watch the rowing. Mens light weight 4. Shocker.
One of the first heats had Aus and GB next to each other, a bit of context, GB got gold one month before with Aus coming second and then year before that Aus had the gold. The aussie boys had placed a few years a go, same crew. I believe they may of won or it was the one were they got 1.5 seconds infront (a big gap) and in the last 500 they lose by about .6ish.

In the final the dan's gunned it out (former olympic champs) with Aus in 2nd.... They both blow up Gb comes up then south africa so its four battling it out.... last 100m South Africa pulls infront and wins the first time they had won rowing, followed by Gb and the dan's. So unexpected. I was hoping the aussie boys would win (1 went to my school/his team mate a rival school - so they both locals).

Overall, I think for austalia, the olympics was in a bit of a flop. In Australia is still on the news how the swimmers are having tribunals on their performance (worst in awhile) and poor work ethic.