windows 7 and wired tethering

Duby1186

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
The other night we had a big storm here. My cable line outside my bedroom window got struck by lightning and totaly fried it. So no internet till someone comes to replace it.

I'm running SRF 1.2 and came with a wired tethering app. I plug in epic to pc, click tething check box and start up the wired tethering app.

I go to my network manager, or whatever its called and try to setup a new network/connection. It picks up the epic with a f5d7234~4 to represent the phone I assume? As I go through steps it asks for the router PIN#. Assume pc thinks its a router or something? But idk what to do from here or if I even am doing it rght?

I run windows 7 on pc and no way to download anything to pc. Obviously, no net lol any help or suggestions? What am I missing or doing wrong? Thanks

Duby1186

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
My pc doesn't have wirelesss or id gladly try that. Is there another wired tethering app I could try or do they all function the same?

Sent from my Epic 4g using TapaTalk

alone9394

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I am also looking for a usb tether solution. I am using the stock epic rom 2.2.2. Like to charge my phone while tethering the 4g speed, any solutions or apps out there? TIA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87