[Q] Battery Calibration & Multiple Batteries on the 4G

hitman6482

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a few different batteries for my rooted Epic 4G - the stock 1500mAh, the Seidio 3300mAh, and a purported 3500 mAh battery I picked up on eBay (which, while very good for the price, is probably closer to 2500 mAh).

Anyway, my Seidio 3300 mAh is my everyday battery, It works great and my phone (running SFR 1.2, Genocide 2) and it is calibrated, giving me accurate readings on the Seidio 3300 mAh all day.

Now, on occasion my Seidio battery gets low, and I have to swap out the battery with my eBay battery, which is an extended battery also and fits in the case nicely. In a real pinch, I swap out the Seidio 3300 mAh with my stock 1500 mAh.

So my question is this: since my phone is calibrated to the 3300 battery (my everyday battery which I use over 80% of the time), does swapping it out with the other batteries (of different strengths) now and then mess up the calibration?

Does the swapping with other batteries give me inaccurate reads on when using the Seidio?

And when I am using the lesser batteries, will I get inaccurate reads on those batteries, since the phone is calibrated to the 3300?

Or will Battery Stats learn and track each battery separately, giving me accurate reads no matter what battery I am using at any given time?

Thanks.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I believe it will.

The device is used to having one battery, and even with that 1 battery in order for it to be calibrated right it needs to be run down then fully charged to be calibrated right.

Once you do this the device now knows its low and high points of capacity. If you take it out and put in a different one its using the same info from the last battery. So for the most part you will not have any issues. But on the extreme high end or low end it might not work properly. It might shut down early thinking it is about to die, when it could have more juice since its a different capacity.

But then again i could be completely wrong.

Reactions: hitman6482