Power problems

rballen85

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
To start I was using syndicate rom frozen. The phone had been randomly rebooting for about a week and then it rebooted while I was using it and wouldn't turn back on. I was unable to boot into recovery but could boot into download mode. I used Odin to restore the phone to factory thinking it might have been a software problem. Immediately following this revert the phone booted up fine. However, upon restarting the phone I had the same problem. It again won't boot.

Following advice in other threads I've been able to boot the phone if I pop out the battery and plug it into either my pc or the charger. I can then reinstall the battery and the phone functions mostly. However, my charging LED stays on regardless of whether the phone is plugged in and the phone constantly thinks its plugged in so I can't turn on USB debugging.

Normally I'd take the phone into a Sprint store but I purchased it used so I'm assuming that won't do me any good. I'm wondering if there is another fix that I've been unable to find? Could it be as simple as a bad battery? I have two batteries for it, both are after market extended cell batteries. The person I purchased it from didn't have the stock battery anymore.

Thanks in advance for any help.