Epic At THe Top of Hompage

marisdaman

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
The epic 4g is now at the top of sprint homepeage and evo drops down to 3rd thumbnail. After being the last thumbnail for a while now. I hope this move brings a release date soon..

Darth Pooh#CB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
In all fairness to the Evo (which is a GREAT device), you shouldn't dangle the Evo in front of the customers when it's been on backorder for so long, hence the move down. The Epic is more of a tease to customers (who aren't like us and see it as a cruel thing :p) so it's to get the GENERAL population buzzing.

Phone#IM

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Well I dont know if it means anything but this was posted today.

Samsung Epic smartphone sales date coming soon - Computerworld

Computerworld (a very respected news magazine) just posted an article where they interviewed a spokesman regarding the shortage of SuperAmoled screens, and speaking about the upcoming epic and this was said.

Sprint wouldn't confirm any shipping date or price for the Epic today. However, a spokesman said more details will be revealed by the end of this week,

I know there is nothing in concrete for now and that everything is just rumors but if a respected and credible magazine like Computerworld apparently interviewed someone I figure they would get a more certain or clear response than your average customer or person asking about the Epic.

doz

May 15, 2010
Visit site
shortages

I have some concerns over that article, its a nice explaination but the screen shortages have been for regular amoled, not the super amoled which is unique to samsung phones. Being the manuf of the screen and the phone itself would lead me to believe that Samsung could handle the supply line. Also seeing as that there are no shortages of the AT&T/T-Mobile versions I have to think there is something more going on. Perhaps Sprint is just betting on more customers and really does not want to have another Evo situation on their hands. Really, I think there's something else going on as to why there have been no dates from Sprint officially, maybe waiting on a bug fix or 2.2 perhaps?

Phone#IM

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I have some concerns over that article, its a nice explaination but the screen shortages have been for regular amoled, not the super amoled which is unique to samsung phones. Being the manuf of the screen and the phone itself would lead me to believe that Samsung could handle the supply line. Also seeing as that there are no shortages of the AT&T/T-Mobile versions I have to think there is something more going on. Perhaps Sprint is just betting on more customers and really does not want to have another Evo situation on their hands. Really, I think there's something else going on as to why there have been no dates from Sprint officially, maybe waiting on a bug fix or 2.2 perhaps?

This may be true that Sprint may not want to reveal the real reason for the lack of info.

With that said though I am more interested in that a spokesman has said that more information will be revealed at the end of the week.

This could just be another big pile of nonsense but the fact that he said that in an interview to a popular magazine makes me more hopeful.

Usually in my experiences, credible magazines dont post just anything without some sort of validity behind it (Unlike many of these online blogs).

So my fingers are crossed for some sort of good news "coming soon".

Mook1e

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm also concerned that Sprint is choosing not to provide a direct alternative to the Droid 2 and Blackberry Torch until who-knows-when.
If they don't launch, they need to at least re-assure potential buyers that they shouldn't go with the alternatives for their hard-keyboard desires.

Mook1e

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Obviously they originally were going to offer it on the 20th. I wonder what the 11 day delay was for?
I REALLY don't want to wait 20 more days with this dieing 8525.