Do you think the Epic will sell out on first day?

Will there be lines and/or sold out on first day?

• Total voters

tricex2

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I think there will be lines in certain places but most of us on these forums have already reserved or preordered so we can pick them up at our leisure. Unless being the first one with a shiny new Epic in hand or being the first at the store is ones cup of tea. ;)

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm hopeing they do sell out , that would be good for Sprint which will be good for us. the more the 4g phons sell the faster they might release more 4g service. It's also good to sign up and reserve . based on your zipcode I think they ship more phones to those stores. So expect longer lines in big cities.

lorcha

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I do not think they will sell out. T-Mo is selling the Vibrant for $99 today, so I'm guessing Sammy can keep pumping Galaxy S phones out.

ben7337

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I think it's very possible that they will sell out. However I am praying that they won't because I plan to buy the phone at least a few days after release if not a week or two, and if it is sold out completely this would be a serious problem for me. Also I don't think the phone selling faster will make samsung move any faster to release 4g.

Also just because the Captivate and Vibrant didn't sell out doesn't mean the Epic 4G won't. It is sprint's high end slider and is a 4g phone. The captivate has no chance competing with the iPhone, and the Vibrant is on a none too popular carrier and is gimped compared to the epic 4g. I do hope that the Epic 4G stays in stock and gets discounts like its cousins did though.

Mattism78

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I think they will sell out with more shipments expected immediately. Meaning they didn't really sell out. That they're only advertising it to get the free publicity that goes along with having a top tier smartphone sell out these days.

As for the lines deal, I only expect them in high populated areas. I know I plan on doing my normal daily routine and then just rolling in to Sprint around 10-11 to pick up my device.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Pre ordering is done. You can only have them let you know when the phone will be available again. Honestly I think this will be the evo all over again and if you dont get one on release day you will be waiting. My upgrade is the 1st of september and I will do without the upgrade if they wont make an exception. I NEED a new phone and Im not waiting another month or more to get a new phone as I have already been waiting since later june.

ippikiokami

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure even if it's a "sell-out" it's more of a fake ... we want the pub one than a real one. Samsung is a massive company unlike HTC. A lot of the components (importantly the screen) is built in house