Holy Crap, installed apps quicker than my Evo

Darth Pooh#CB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
So, I decided to give all my apps a test run on installing on the Epic.

Over WiFi (which seems to be quicker via the Epic than any other device I've used) it installed beautiful widgets (both the Market and App install portion) in about 10 seconds. From download to installed on device... 10 seconds. I thought it failed at first because that's how quick it was... true story.

Darth Pooh#CB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
What changes have there been since the last time you played with one?

Def a gimped TouchWiz as mentioned before. In the long run it won't matter since I won't be using TW for much longer.

And the Camera app is much more refined IMO. Before, it seemed like a lot of the "control" stuff wasn't there... more user friendly (read: auto options) now.

Mattism78

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
So, I decided to give all my apps a test run on installing on the Epic.

Over WiFi (which seems to be quicker via the Epic than any other device I've used) it installed beautiful widgets (both the Market and App install portion) in about 10 seconds. From download to installed on device... 10 seconds. I thought it failed at first because that's how quick it was... true story.

super-cool-story-bro.png

:p;)

Just teasing. I'm jealous, and can't wait for tomorrow.

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm just worried if I flash a ROM on there that I won't get the sweet camera features or a couple of the other advantages that come with TW... :\

Like the task killer widget... Sprint NAV... and I actually like that application page that's docked to the bottom... and the brightness slider built into the notification bar... and the settings that keep the soft buttons lit up...

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm going with Launcher pro till Official 2.2 is released and then I'll decide if I want to go with a different ROM. I'll be rooted from day one though.

liquidxit2

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Def a gimped TouchWiz as mentioned before. In the long run it won't matter since I won't be using TW for much longer.

And the Camera app is much more refined IMO. Before, it seemed like a lot of the "control" stuff wasn't there... more user friendly (read: auto options) now.

What about the tv out? Can you see it there? If so Im busting my cable out asap to use it at work tomorrow.

I'm just worried if I flash a ROM on there that I won't get the sweet camera features or a couple of the other advantages that come with TW... :\

Like the task killer widget... Sprint NAV... and I actually like that application page that's docked to the bottom... and the brightness slider built into the notification bar... and the settings that keep the soft buttons lit up...

If you flash it you could always get the apk's and load them manually if the flash wipes them.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
TV Out will be added in a later update...or ROM. It's there, just not in the GUI or is regular user accessible. Although I have no idea if you could run a command to get it to work.

Jodiuh

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
lol...total contest post right there. :D

To the OP:
Did you ever get a chance to play w/ an Incredible? AFAIK, it would be a good phone to compare w/ the Evo as they both use snapdragon's on top of Sense.

Reason being because I feel the Incredible was faster and smoother than my Droid 2. So it would be tits if the Hummingbird really does fly.

EDIT: Totally not interested in the Epic (waiting on the much lamer named Fascinate because I'm a Verizon fanboy), but I've got ride some train until that releases!

Darth Pooh#CB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Touchwiz will always be "running", it.s ingrained into the OS. But it was lagging to hell (in my opinion) as the primary launcher. Besides I like having 5 icons at the bottom and being able to choose which ones I want.

So its not AOSP by any means, but I said it on twitter and I'll say it here, Eclair sucks the nuts once you've used Froyo extensively. Sad Panda indeed.

Eazail70x7

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Haven't had any lag even using Touchwiz. Its been silky smooth all over for me. Even the app menu is SUPER smooth. Its exactly as smooth as my iphone interface.

I have a 32gb card installed (+14GB used on card) and over 100 apps installed as well. Boot up time is always under 30 seconds. Usually around 25 seconds. Sometimes quicke.

m5james

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
TV Out will be added in a later update...or ROM. It's there, just not in the GUI or is regular user accessible. Although I have no idea if you could run a command to get it to work.

You 100% sure about that, because I'm almost at the end of my 30 trial and I'm really debating switching to the EVO. I don't want to lose the keyboard and AMOLED screen, but at the same time, having 3.5mm - 3.5mm or 3.5mm - RCA would be really beneficial for me to use while driving around in my car since I stream music, use the GPS and even watch movies on roadtrips using my AVIC car stereo. Problem is, the AVIC navi sucks because it's software based, so it always requires updates, it doesn't like playing SD movies...just being able to use my phone to display all this onto the stereo would solve ALL of my problems.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
You 100% sure about that, because I'm almost at the end of my 30 trial and I'm really debating switching to the EVO. I don't want to lose the keyboard and AMOLED screen, but at the same time, having 3.5mm - 3.5mm or 3.5mm - RCA would be really beneficial for me to use while driving around in my car since I stream music, use the GPS and even watch movies on roadtrips using my AVIC car stereo. Problem is, the AVIC navi sucks because it's software based, so it always requires updates, it doesn't like playing SD movies...just being able to use my phone to display all this onto the stereo would solve ALL of my problems.

Tisk tisk ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez