Sprint is looking mighty impressive these days

ozzzy3z

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
This phone is stunning. Best of the Galaxy S series and new king of the hill in the Android lineup.

Beautiful screen, FFC, keyboard, great processor... Sprint hit a homerun (again!).

With the best HTC phone available (EVO) and now the best Galaxy S phone available, Sprint is really giving Verizon a run for their money. As a former Sprint user who swore he'd never go back I may just have to go back on my promise.

Zookeeper63

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Sprint has really come on strong with two great looking Android phones. This should dispel any rumors that Sprint isn't going to make it.

Brownsound

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I think Sprint is going to just fine. They're net subscriber base is going to be on the steady rise because of these two phones (for the time being), and I can't wait to switch over to them from my Droid on Verizon :)

mztiklimit

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
As a former Sprint user who swore he'd never go back I may just have to go back on my promise.
I thought about not going back to them after a really bad overall 2 year service back in early 2000s, but the Evo and the Epic are really making me think of giving them another chance. Despite earlier posts, I'm still on the fence about jumping in from AT&T. The interwebs like to go crazy on them (at&t), but for me, they have been outstanding in every aspect of their service. In regards to Sprint, who knows? I might make the move after all.

edrdoberts

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
Sprint has had two of their best quarters in the last several years. With their head start with 4G, low prices, and the ability to FINALLY get phones people covet, there is no reason they can't continue this. With Sprint HQ a few miles down the road from me, this is a wonderful thing. Maybe they'll get through a 4th quarter without massive layoffs this year.

geekaren

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
+1. I had Sprint about 4 years ago and swore I'd never go back.

Fast forward to June 2010...

Was impressed with the EVO. Bought the phone and found that Sprint's network coverage had improved dramatically in the areas where I live & work (0 dropped calls unlike other carriers I've used). Made a few fairly complex calls to customer service and found their CSRs are well-trained and their JD Power Customer Service rating is well-deserved (I believe Sprint is #2 after Tmobile for wireless customer service).

Add onto that the inexpensive plan pricing, unlimited data, and some great phones in the EVO and Epic, and you can't beat it!

For folks contemplating the Epic but unsure about Sprint, I say Go for it!

MarqBland

Oct 13, 2009
www.facebook.com
I love sprint. I've never had a problem with customer service like many complain about. I've always had an excellent experience. Matter off fact, once I was having trouble with my phone losing service by my house and they shipped me an airave and took away the fee. Then two days later, a service guy called me and said that there was a problem with the tower in my area, but he couldn't fix the issue. He asked if it were ok if a network engineer called me. I told him fine and a few days later, the actual engineer called me to let me know what he had done and what exactly to do if I have any other problems. I thought that was amazing customer service and am able to still keep my airave for free.

Also, their plans are amazing. I have 4 phones on my account and pay $150 a month. Aside from the 1500 minutes that are never even close to being used, everything else is unlimited. I love it so much! So does my wallet.

defkorn

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Adding the 4G to their lineup was a great decision. With one of the lowest priced unlimited plans, Sprint should really be able to pull in quite a few new subscribers. Maybe it will make Verizon change things up for the better, from my experience, their customer service is terrible and plans are a bit overpriced.

jessef

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I've been with Sprout for a while and I ain't leaving!! I pay $70 a month for unlimited service and I get a new phone every year! Yea baby!

steve19137

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Sprint is a really good company to be subscribed to. I have the infamous Samsung Moment, the data lockup king. But whats really wild is that even in a (imo) low coverage area, I don't get lockups!. Maybe its because I'm rooted and all, but I think that sprint has done a good job of answering all my questions and providing the best mid-range phone IMO.

jeffreykime

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I moved to Sprint when the Evo came out and have been thrilled with their coverage and now their phone selection is getting good too. No thoughts of moving for me.

eric033

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I love Sprint. Comming from At&t the service is great and I have had no problems and everytime I've called customer service they have been great and no complaints.

speckbe

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Sprint is looking impressive

I have been a Sprint customer for about 10 years and I agree that I think that they have turned the corner. I like the new 4G phones they have added but I am concerned with their trend toward adding a 10.00 monthly charge with the last 2 phones.

LuIsChillin

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I have been with sprint since 2003 and I never look back. I never understood why people never liked them. I know that their customer service wasn't the best back in the day, but really how often did you call customer service? It still baffles me why you would choose any other data plan over sprint, I mean it's practically unlimited everything for a cheaper price. I am loving the direction they are going in right now. I can't wait until their 4G evolves I mean I have good service where I am but it's still spotty.

Loving team Sprint

LuIsChillin

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I have been a Sprint customer for about 10 years and I agree that I think that they have turned the corner. I like the new 4G phones they have added but I am concerned with their trend toward adding a 10.00 monthly charge with the last 2 phones.

yea $10 extra is a lot but you can get a monthly discount for just about anything. Right now i'm getting a 15% discount because I am a student. I mean you can even get a 5% discount for being an AT&T employee. I'm sure once the 4G network is more evolved the $10 extra fee will disappear.

dcfella

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I was with Sprint when they first went digital in the mid 90s(Sprint Spectrum) but left many years ago. Didn't think I'd come back EVER, but I did thanks to the Evo. I hope these new phones attract more customers. I get better reception than with AT&T and Tmobile.

One thing I found weird is that their customer service line isn't open 24/7. That'll need to change, other than that so far so good.

Reeves

May 17, 2010
Visit site

11 year customer myself. I'm only concerned that they added it (the new 4G charge) in such a clumsy way. If Sprint had simply raised all unlimited plan pricing by $5, they would've gotten a lot less flack, a lot more revenue, and everyone would be happier.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Sprint is a really good company to be subscribed to. I have the infamous Samsung Moment, the data lockup king. But whats really wild is that even in a (imo) low coverage area, I don't get lockups!. Maybe its because I'm rooted and all, but I think that sprint has done a good job of answering all my questions and providing the best mid-range phone IMO.

I didn't either! I ran an Instinct OTA update at my house just perfectly when no other phone could get service.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty