Long Time To Charge?

NSS

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I got home with the epic and used it about 3 o clock today until the battery went almost all the way down but is it me or is it taking a long time to charge?

vader4633

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I set it down to charge while sleeping. Set the phone to silent. I was woken up by the vibration notification to unplug the phone because it was done charging. Any way to disable the notification?

Darth Pooh#CB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
That happened to me as well. Problem is... when I unplugged this morning I was at 25% battery and its about to die.

Not good and I'm not happy at all.

drizek

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Mine took four hours to go from 10% to 100%.

On the pre I could just set it on the touchstone for about 10 or 20 minutes and it would get a decent 20ish percent charge. Juiceplotter says that the epic would need an hour to do the same.

Edit: this was using the ipad charger. Ill try the samsung one later.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Mines charged now, but never got it charged all day yesterday. If you want it to charge in 3 hours.... can't touch it. mine was in the dock for 6 and only got to 80%

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
2 hours and counting still red. anyway to monitor charging progress with the phone off? I noticed when I first plugged it in there was a charging meter but then the screen went dark.

karn101

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed that the Pre charger output is at 5V/1A. The Epic charger is at 5V/.7A.

Do you think damage would be caused using the Pre charger? The voltage is the same which is great but would the .3 difference in amps damage it?

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I also woke up this morning and saw the "I'm done charging please unplug me" notification... I wonder if it's unsafe to leave it charging past it's "I'm all done" time

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I've noticed that the Pre charger output is at 5V/1A. The Epic charger is at 5V/.7A.

Do you think damage would be caused using the Pre charger? The voltage is the same which is great but would the .3 difference in amps damage it?

No.

This is with the wall plug or USB cord?

Yes.

I also woke up this morning and saw the "I'm done charging please unplug me" notification... I wonder if it's unsafe to leave it charging past it's "I'm all done" time

If it was, it would be the first phone I have ever seen that required that. I think it's just a thing Android is doing to encourage people to conserve energy. The Droid X shows the same message.

lorcha

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
If it was, it would be the first phone I have ever seen that required that. I think it's just a thing Android is doing to encourage people to conserve energy. The Droid X shows the same message.
How does unplugging the phone conserve energy? Does it use more energy while it's plugged in?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
How does unplugging the phone conserve energy? Does it use more energy while it's plugged in?

Let me put it this way. If you unplug your phone and let it sit on your desk without using it, the battery will eventually deplete. So my assumption is that keeping it plugged in would provide some sort of continuous supply of energy to the phone while it's plugged in.

If you Google: "does unplugging appliances save electricity" you'll see some interesting answers to that question.

NSS

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Well I have mine plugged into the wall and it is taking a really long time, its kinda inconvenient considering that I will probably need a car charger sooner than later.

dvdqnoc

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Wait, are we talking about charging it though a computer, or a wall outlet? I've noticed that charging it through a wall outlet is significantly faster for my HTC Hero, and I'd assume it'd be the same for the Epic.