Unstable Bluetooth

sndtubes

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having bluetooth trouble? I have 2 different bluetooth headsets and both are not working well with the Epic. Many times I can make a call with the bluetooth headset, hang up and try another call and the bluetooth won't connect. Once in awhile, the bluetooth will just drop while in a call. It usually will reconnect by pressing the bluetooth soft button on the screen, but this is FAR WORSE than my old HTC TP2. I was expecting better..... Since both headsets do this, I can only conclude it is some problem with the phone. i'm on my second phone (for a different issue) and the other phone did this too, so I dont' think it's this particular phone that is defective, rather many of them must suffer from this???:mad:

rundown87

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Mine has bluetooth issues as well. My cd player head unit in my car supports bluetooth and it'll connect and show my battery and signal strength on the screen, but when I try and play music, sometimes it won't play it through my speakers of my car until I turn off the bluetooth on my phone and turn it back on, while other times it will connect and play music flawlessly.

kentah

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed the same thing with music. It's odd, it seems to work about 4 out of every 5 times. When it doesn't, everything appears to be working but no music plays through my stereo. Even the pause/fast forward/rewind buttons work (though no music will play unless you unconnect and re-connect to the bluetooth).

I'm using Tasker to get music playing automatically in my car so I was wondering if it was doing something strange but I'm pretty sure it's the phone.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I thought it was a 3rd party application issue; however, I have had issues with native applications now. This is my problem with the bluetooth:

When playing slacker or pandora radio (more so them than music player): after I am done listening I will quit the program and turn off the bluetooth. As soon as I do this the phone blacks out and locks up. EVERYTHING resets. Signal, battery usage, etc. Then, bluetooth will be re-enabled.

This recently just happened to me when I quit the native music player. Same exact thing.

With slacker and pandora sometimes I get no audio playback and have to reset the bluetooth connection. Slacker, pandora does not however, will also emulate the rest issue as well. During playback the phone will lock up and everything will reset.

This only happens when bluetooth is enabled and connected to my motorola t505. I have no other bluetooth device to test if it is a device issue.

woodyg8

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I was having the same issues. It got really bad after the O.T.A update to the point that I would have to restart the phone to connect to my moto roko headset. I ended up bring the phone to sprint and they did what they called "reflashing the device" . He got on his computer entered my phone number it gave him a code that he then entered into my phone. He said it removed to stock O.S. and installed the most up to date version.
It seemed to fix all my problems. bluetooth works great so far and it fixed the battery drain issue after the d107 update.

locationman52

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I thought it was a 3rd party application issue; however, I have had issues with native applications now. This is my problem with the bluetooth:

When playing slacker or pandora radio (more so them than music player): after I am done listening I will quit the program and turn off the bluetooth. As soon as I do this the phone blacks out and locks up. EVERYTHING resets. Signal, battery usage, etc. Then, bluetooth will be re-enabled.

This recently just happened to me when I quit the native music player. Same exact thing.

With slacker and pandora sometimes I get no audio playback and have to reset the bluetooth connection. Slacker, pandora does not however, will also emulate the rest issue as well. During playback the phone will lock up and everything will reset.

This only happens when bluetooth is enabled and connected to my motorola t505. I have no other bluetooth device to test if it is a device issue.

+1...same problem here and it's annoying...the worst bluetooth experience i've ever had with a phone

HeyBeerManTX

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a Palm Pre to this Epic, I was expecting to have at least as good as WebOS, if not better.......my gosh, I can't believe how far backwards I feel like I've gone......

Among a dozen areas that I'm disappointed in, the biggest is the Bluetooth Audio Streaming.....

On the Pre with Bluetooth Audio Streaming through Ford Sync, if it was a sound on the phone, it came through the system just like it would if it wasn't paired. Period.

Now, I've got the following issues, and these are just the ones off the top of my head involving audio/bluetooth:
1) Takes FOR-EV-ER to connect to anything that streams (i.e. iheartradio; not necessarily a bluetooth issue)
2) When I get into the truck and switch to bluetooth audio, doubletwist starts playing automatically...which would be fine if I wanted doubletwist to start.
3) ...however, even though doubletwist starts automatically, it doesn't always come out through the system....just when it feels like it....
4) Visual Voicemail - it will NOT play through the speakers when connected, and I can't listen to it unless I turn bluetooth off.

I have not rooted the phone, and honestly I thought I wouldn't have, seeing as how everyone was RAVING about how Android was sooo customizable and there were a million apps out there!

...alright....I'm done venting about the bluetooth portion of my troubles.....thanks....any suggestions?

sndtubes

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Well, it looks like my experience is certainly not unique. The rest of the phone is sooooo awesome. I can't believe the bluetooth is sooooo crappy. As others have mentioned, the phone "says" it's connected to the bluetooth device but is not actually connected. Sometimes it connects, sometimes not. REALLY frustrating. I called Samsung about it and they acted like they've never heard of this problem. I wonder if ANY bluetooth headsets work on this stupid thing....

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
+1...same problem here and it's annoying...the worst bluetooth experience i've ever had with a phone

It didn't do this for me (to my knowledge) until after the update.

This is annoying too; but, I found that turning on the music application whatever it may be (Slacker in my instance) and then turning on bluetooth will mostly prevent this. Pandora does not do it on reboot. I uninstalled slacker today after I got into the car. Turned on bluetooth then slacker and it rebooted.

Then, before you close out of the music program disconnect from bluetooth then quit the program.

I don't make many calls and have only made one (if that; I can't remember) in the car with bluetooth so I'm not sure if that method in some way would work.

I have no issues with bluetooth file transfers to my computer and from.

bionicboxcar

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a Palm Pre to this Epic, I was expecting to have at least as good as WebOS, if not better.......my gosh, I can't believe how far backwards I feel like I've gone......

Among a dozen areas that I'm disappointed in, the biggest is the Bluetooth Audio Streaming.....

On the Pre with Bluetooth Audio Streaming through Ford Sync, if it was a sound on the phone, it came through the system just like it would if it wasn't paired. Period.

Now, I've got the following issues, and these are just the ones off the top of my head involving audio/bluetooth:
1) Takes FOR-EV-ER to connect to anything that streams (i.e. iheartradio; not necessarily a bluetooth issue)
2) When I get into the truck and switch to bluetooth audio, doubletwist starts playing automatically...which would be fine if I wanted doubletwist to start.
3) ...however, even though doubletwist starts automatically, it doesn't always come out through the system....just when it feels like it....
4) Visual Voicemail - it will NOT play through the speakers when connected, and I can't listen to it unless I turn bluetooth off.

I have not rooted the phone, and honestly I thought I wouldn't have, seeing as how everyone was RAVING about how Android was sooo customizable and there were a million apps out there!

...alright....I'm done venting about the bluetooth portion of my troubles.....thanks....any suggestions?

I also just moved from the Pre to the Epic. The Pre worked on Ford Sync the same for me and the Epic does handsfree talking and dialing (only by numbers) but the phonebook won't sync and the standard music player pops up on its own, jut like yours. According to the Ford Sync site, the Epic is not certified at any level to work, so I guess we'll have to wait for some kind of update.

pnwAl

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have similar issues with my EVO so I think this is a Froyo issue. If an incoming call comes I can hear it ringing in my ear but when I hit the answer button on my phone the audio goes to the handset. Othertimes I will be connected and a call will come in and not ring the Bluetooth device. Finally, and most frustrating, when it says I'm connected and I try to place a call I will hear confirmation tones in my ear after I dial and hit the call button, but then it disconnects and audio goes to my handset before the call is even ringing...

This is all with multiple bluetooth headsets, so again it would seem to be the phone. However, since I'm hearing similar behavior from the Epic as on my EVO, I have to deduce that it must be software related.....

fbcregan

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having problems with the sound skipping on bluetooth? I use a bluetooth adapter in my car to run into my stereo, and whether I'm using the music app, Pandora, or Google Listen; it just skips a lot. It's like the memory is mismanaged or something. My Palm Pre worked flawlessly before. Lately, I have to manually connect every time I get in the car too, cause it won't connect automatically. Annoying.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I also just moved from the Pre to the Epic. The Pre worked on Ford Sync the same for me and the Epic does handsfree talking and dialing (only by numbers) but the phonebook won't sync and the standard music player pops up on its own, jut like yours. According to the Ford Sync site, the Epic is not certified at any level to work, so I guess we'll have to wait for some kind of update.

Bluetooth syncs fine on the 2 cars I've tried, VW Tiguan and Mini Cooper Clubman JW. Its hit or miss unfortunately. I haven't tried since I've put DK28 (neither of these cars were mine). I have a POS Trailblazer LS that doesn't even have power mirrors.

LS2982

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I think my blutooth issue is CPU tuner related, as the blutooth just stops working in the middle of a call but the battery was low too

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Windfrenzy

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having problems with the sound skipping on bluetooth? I use a bluetooth adapter in my car to run into my stereo, and whether I'm using the music app, Pandora, or Google Listen; it just skips a lot. It's like the memory is mismanaged or something. My Palm Pre worked flawlessly before. Lately, I have to manually connect every time I get in the car too, cause it won't connect automatically. Annoying.

How does it work with a different receiver? A bt reciever for my stereo exhibited the same problems you describe. I sent it back and got the Belkin which works much better.

I have a Parrot kit in my car and it works for the most part. I'm listening mostly to Listen and Slacker. I sometimes get the connected but no sound thing and have to turn bt off and on again. Works well with calls.

Voice through bt in 2.2 would be nice...

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Bluetooth on the Epic just sucks. The problem I've had with mine is that it gets stuck in landscape orientation after I turn Bluetooth off. Makes no sense. On the plus side though, I've had the phone replaced for a new one because the store reps thought it was a hardware issue.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Bluetooth on the Epic just sucks. The problem I've had with mine is that it gets stuck in landscape orientation after I turn Bluetooth off. Makes no sense. On the plus side though, I've had the phone replaced for a new one because the store reps thought it was a hardware issue.

never had this happen on DK28. I've heard of this bug, but never seen it. Have you run DK28 in the past then gone back to DI18?

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
No. I have a stock phone; I've been trying to avoid rooting but if I get that 32GB micro SD card I ordered by Friday I'll probably try installing the Truly Epic Rom over the weekend.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty