calendar sync issues

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
I cannot get the stock calendar to sync- it appears that the calendar synced to my gmail account is a separate account and everytime I add an event, I have to designate it as one that is gmail rather than 'my calendar' . What did I do wrong?

japclev

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I cannot get my calendar to sync with my gmail account. I have removed some calendars from gmail and readded with no luck. I used to be able to make a change online and it would pick it up on calendar widget. No more?

ericdives

Sep 18, 2010
ericdives.com
tedcousens:

In addition to any "calendars" (IE, Google or Exchange) that you're syncing to over the network, there's one built into the phone. That's the "My Calendar" one. Unfortunately, it's the default calendar for new events and I've discovered no way to change that behavior.

japclev:

I'm not sure how Google's sync works with multiple calendars on a single account - do you have one designated your "default"? Theoretically that would be the one that would sync with your phone; whether or not the other ones will is beyond the scope of my experiences.

japclev

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I fixed mine. I forgot Google's sports calendars don't work well so got the yahoo versions and plugged them in. Good to go.

adjmcloon#IM

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to say that Jorte really is great. For those of you who think the Epic calendar sucks (as I do) definitely download Jorte. It's free and the widgets are nice.

No problems at all with calendar sync or setting a default calendar when scheduling events. The only thing I'd like to see more of are skins, but there are a few offered and overall this is a great calendar app that has the functionality that the stock calendar should have had to begin with.

buzzardjrt

matter of fact i added the Android clock/calender widget and it will show me what i have going for the day as well with times shaded out and what notes i have on for that day. as an example i put what day bills are due but not on a particular time and it shows i have x number of all day events.

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
what I am looking to do is create events in my google account and have them sync to my phone. Items I create in my phone sync to google but not the reverse.

KC2UUZ

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Do you have the google account set to auto sync? That should do the trick. I thought I saw something in the manual about, exactly, that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty