Gtalk and Gmail Confusion

eastrader

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Ok I know I am a newby here, but not to smart phones.
I have a few weeks old Epic 4g with Sprint. I have 2 gmail accounts, one business and one personal as well as 2 other pop3 accounts. All seemed to install properly but then I noticed a few problems.. I was getting two notifications on my personal gmail account. So I deleted the personal gmail in the account settings.. a few minutes later I got a email notification on the deleted account..
I have decided it is because of my gTalk that is active from my personal account. So now I get the emails but cant find where they are stored as the account list doesn't show it. I can only read them after a new one comes in. If I add back my personal, I am sure I will get duplicate emails again.. I use my Gtalk a lot with family, it saves them SMS fees. So has anyone had this problem and found a way to fix it? TIA :( Oh I have searched in this and other forums but cant seem to find this combination problem with gMail and gTalk.

acegolfer

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
That is really weird. You should only get one email notification with gmail and gtalk.

Try clearing gmail cache.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk