Constant Battery Drain

that.rick22

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Epic and love it but the battery is something I hate... coming from a BlackBerry I am used to a longer life in battery but I understood that with it being a touchscreen it was going to drain but is it suppose to drain so quickly

i have done all the tricks (cancelling the DRM, the airplane toggle, auto brightness and lowest screen time out) installed Advance Task Killer and i have a battery meter on my Sense Analog Widget

and I go through then a less average use on my phone but even in idle I see it drain the battery at least a percent around 10 to 15 mins...

is the Sense Analog battery meter wrong or is there a more accurate one?

or is there more battery tips i haven't tried yet.

also, would this battery have that drain to reset the batter memory thing i used to read... like drain the battery fully to cycle the battery

i would greatly appreciate any help

Butters3605

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
How is your signal quality, searching for 3G/4G can really suck your battery. I am able to be on WiFi most of the day, and my battery is lasting all day.

jzh797s

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I installed JuiceDefender and it seemed to help some... my battery still isnt great. IDK about this phone. Everyone reports GPS taking a long time, but mine is just inaccurate. It can show my position down the Highway, but when I take the off ramp it doesn't know I'm not on the Highway until Im under it and past it. My Touch Pro never had problems like this... it knew when I walked from one room to the next in my house on Google Maps.

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Download Battery History from the Android Market. It's free. Let it run through a normal day of usage. It is just a report but you can at least see if a certain app is killing the battery. When you open Battery History, choose the partial wake option. Those are the apps that prevent your phone from fully sleeping when it's idle.

Butters3605

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Also, check out the program monitor widget, see if you have programs running that you thought you had closed. It is a TW widget, may have a battery drain from a program constantly running in the background.

Butters3605

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I installed JuiceDefender and it seemed to help some... my battery still isnt great. IDK about this phone. Everyone reports GPS taking a long time, but mine is just inaccurate. It can show my position down the Highway, but when I take the off ramp it doesn't know I'm not on the Highway until Im under it and past it. My Touch Pro never had problems like this... it knew when I walked from one room to the next in my house on Google Maps.

Check out GPS test in the market, It takes min about 30-45 seconds to start picking up GPS satellites. yesterday it locked 9 and was using 9. Also have the cold start fix, I am not off network that often so cold start is no biggie for me.

that.rick22

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the help i am downloading what suggesting you offered and I was wondering if it was my service so I did a PRL and updated my profile and I have great coverage in the area i live in san diego but it still seems to drain....

would the drain the battery trick work or is that just a myth

acegolfer

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Contrary to common belief, advanced task killer CAN become a battery hog. The androidcentral podcast has explained this several times.

that.rick22

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Contrary to common belief, advanced task killer CAN become a battery hog. The androidcentral podcast has explained this several times.

i have been wondering that as well... since the Epic does have it's on task manager is it redundant to have ATK as well since we can a clear view of what is actually running when we do a running service check?

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Download Battery History from the Android Market. It's free. Let it run through a normal day of usage. It is just a report but you can at least see if a certain app is killing the battery. When you open Battery History, choose the partial wake option. Those are the apps that prevent your phone from fully sleeping when it's idle.

Is this the Battery History app you are talking about??

jzh797s

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Check out GPS test in the market, It takes min about 30-45 seconds to start picking up GPS satellites. yesterday it locked 9 and was using 9. Also have the cold start fix, I am not off network that often so cold start is no biggie for me.

I DL this program and it says I have a 98.something Feet accuracy. I have 10 out of 10 locks. Is this normal?

boomerbubba

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I DL this program and it says I have a 98.something Feet accuracy. I have 10 out of 10 locks. Is this normal?

The 98.4-feet accuracy (really 30.0 meters) is not normal, but it is universal. That is because every Epic 4G shipped has a bug that hard-codes the estimated accuracy at 30.0 meters. That is one of the GPS bugs on the Epic. What is normal in an Android with a correctly functioning GPS is that the estimated accuracy is a dynamic variable, typically changing from moment to moment depending on conditions.

The bogus figure in question is only the estimated accuracy. The actual accuracy of the lat/lon fix is usually pretty good -- once a good multi-satellite lock is achieved. The worst GPS bug is dependent on time and conditions, the result of buggy handling of time-sensitive GPS cache data. It is that bug that the Cold Start workaround mentioned above addresses.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana