Froyo DK28 is out for EPIC

vader4633

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Reformatted everything for a clean install. Looks nice. Love the way you can pinch and zoom in the apps screen to see all my apps. Only things I can not get from the market are homerun battle 3d and Slingplayer.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Battery Issue Since Froyo

I am wondering if you all have a similar issue.

My battery used to last about 26 hours with 2.1.

I installed Froyo last night, and now my battery lasts 6 hours.

Nothing was changed.

DRM is off, Download Manager is off, no 4G, no GPS.

This is bad.

signothefish

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Everything's going fine so far. Several things I've noticed...

* The Music Player widget is gone.

* The Applications are not alphabetically sorted unless I choose list view.

* If I have one Exchange email, selecting it brings up the Inbox and not the message.

* The unread email count on the home screen shortcut may not match the actual unread count.

* Can't use *2 to dial Sprint Customer Service.

Last edited:

bipoler#AC

Banned
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I dont Believe this is the FINAL review but it works good enough for me for now! I do notice vibrations and beeps weirdly and oddly on startup, shutdown, and varios turning screen on and off etc....but o well I like 2.2.1

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Question?

When the last update came out, my phone never got it. I waited weeks and it never came from Sprint. Finally, I went and got it from XDA. Does that mean that I won't ever get this update?

pacha248

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
I've noticed it takes lot longer fo the screen to flip from landscape back to portrait. I'm also getting a lot more force closes then I've ever had with this phone.

Any insight?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Malefickus

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I've applied this on my Epic and my screen rotation is almost instant. Haven't had one problem yet, and it even seems like it is holding on to a 4G signal better as well

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I've applied this on my Epic and my screen rotation is almost instant. Haven't had one problem yet, and it even seems like it is holding on to a 4G signal better as well

One of the supposed fixes was the signal issues some people were experiencing, so glad to see it's working for you.

boomerbubba

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
This in NOT Sprint's offical update

Everyone using this download of v DK28 should be aware that it is not an official release by Sprint. (Despite much misinformation on various forums.)

The Sprint admin on the carrier's own user forum, in repeated posts yesterday playing whackamole to correct various users excited about this, denied that there has been an official release.

This version is a leaked build developed by Sprint, but it is not supported for general release. And anyone who installs the unoffical leak will have to undergo complicated recovery steps before they can get the real update whenever it is released OTA.

Last edited:

strudel#AC

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Touchwiz seems sluggish in transition from landscape to portrait and vis versa in the leaked Froyo build. Touchwiz also redraws slowly when coming back from applications. Has anybody else seen this?

I've noticed this also. It is frustrating because after exiting an application it can take over a minute before everything is redrawn on my homescreens. For the minute or so that it is redrawing I can't do much, kind of eliminates any benefits of multitasking. The redrawing is really slow whether I am using the Touchwiz launcher or LauncherPro.

This seems to be the one area where this build of Froyo took a couple steps back. I've been extremely happy otherwise.

cajunlab

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I am using Exchange Server and my contacts are not all syncing with 2.2.1.
Some have mobile numbers missing, some are missing totally.
I have done factory reset, added account back and still missing many contacts.

FokisMoney

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
is any one else having gps problems since the update? Mine was working with eclair, not instantaneous but after 2 minutes or so, but this mourning to test my gps i tried to use both google nav and sprint nav to find my way to work, and i made it all the way there and STILL never got a lock...and i work 40 minutes away from home!

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm not rooted and just updated to 2.2.

***WARNING***

The Alarm app is gone, replaced by an app called Clock. My previous alarms are gone. Anyone who relies on the phone's alarm to wake-up will need to reprogram alarms.

Otherwise, this build feels great. Just starting to check out new features now.

There are a number of new apps:

Voice Recorder
Video Player
Task Manager (same as 2.1, but now in App List)
News & Weather
Free HD Game
Clock (Alarm app is gone)

The Calendar app has a new icon, which I like a lot better considering the old icon displayed 25, which was not the actual date. Wish the actual date would display like iOS and webOS.

The messaging app now color-codes sent and received messages.

Touchwiz 3.0 allows more customization of home screens. The four "quick launch" icons remain the same and can't be customized. (Wrong: they can be customized)

Skype finally works!!!

I've moved some larger apps to the SD Card, which is great.

I'd definitely be interested in updating to the official version of 2.2 that moves OTA, but I'm not sure if that's even necessary at this point.

I'd love to know if the "Airplane Mode Trick" is still required to stop the phone from searching for a GSM signal.

GPS seems to be more responsive, but I wasn't really having problems getting a lock with 2.1.

Been looking for a "user-generated" changelog for Froyo... thanks!!!

Mike77

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Seems like it takes a second longer to turn the screen on then it did before update. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

anon(47596)

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
When the last update came out, my phone never got it. I waited weeks and it never came from Sprint. Finally, I went and got it from XDA. Does that mean that I won't ever get this update?

It shouldn't because that file was the official update from Sprint and you're running the same version as everyone else (DI18).

Now this version of Froyo that everyone is playing with is NOT the official release so if you use it, you might not get future OTA updates. EVO users had that issue when Froyo came out for them (a lot used an unofficial release that worked good enough, but wasn't the official version so they didn't get OTA updates until they flashed the official release on their phones).

Reactions: 5111

FSchmitthammer

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Touchdown is requiring a force close often. This build is not stable for Touchdown. I hope I can get a manual update for the OTA update when it is released.

Scratch59

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I don't see 8 recent apps on a home button press and hold. Has that function been overlooked in the Samsung release? It would seem like something they would have to have purposely excluded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa