Stock Froyo Benchmarks

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I have been DYING to find out some benchmark scores for 2.2. Does anyone have the results on linpack, nenamark, neocore, and quadrant?

I seriously want to find out the performance increases for 2.2 on hummingbird. Someone, please? Haha. I really want to know.

SomeAudioGuy

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
To be honest, I doubt Quadrant will improve with an official release. Q scores file system really heavy, and the epic's strength is in graphics. I don't think Hummingbird is any faster than Snapdragon at file system work.

That and stock ROMs always benchmark lousy...
;-)

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
So quadrant will put it as "weaker" than snapdragon? How important is the file system? I just want to be able to know which processor really is best.

SomeAudioGuy

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Ran Neocore three times, averaged 55fps.
Linpack average of three runs was 13.8mflops.
Nenamark ran three exact 49.9fps in a row.

Paid attention to the Quadrant bench again. The phone just DIES on database and file system writes.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
So quadrant will put it as "weaker" than snapdragon? How important is the file system? I just want to be able to know which processor really is best.

Froyo was optimized for Snapdragon as I don't think Hummingbird was out yet when that OS was created, but you do have the Gingerbread to look forward to, which has been optimized for our line of processors (thank you Nexus S).

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Froyo was optimized for Snapdragon as I don't think Hummingbird was out yet when that OS was created, but you do have the Gingerbread to look forward to, which has been optimized for our line of processors (thank you Nexus S).

Only problem is that even though they are using related hardware, by the time they release for the Galaxy phones I will be due for my next upgrade!!

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
If I were a betting man, I would say we get Gingerbread as an upgrade 1st, as long as carriers don't muck things up. Samsung and Google are in bed together now, and I'm sure Samsung would not be the happy spouse if Google went giving OS's to other manufacturer's behind Samsung's back.

Last edited:

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
If I were a betting man, I would say we get Gingerbread as an upgrade 1st, as long as carriers don't muck things up. Samsung and Google are in bed together now, and I'm sure Samsung would not be the happy spouse if Google went giving OS's to other manufacturer's behind Samsung's back.

In bed but, not married and free to mingle.... Sometimes I think with smartphones the phone companies have a bit more than they can handle.. So many new phones being smartphones, there is no way they can devote much time to any one phone... With normal phones it was just sell and forget it..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dgsegds