Factory Reset for Privacy Reasons

jjkm01

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I am going to have to turn my phone back to the company I work for and I want to make sure all my personal stuff is cleared off the phone including my gmail account that the phone is linked to. If I format the SD card and do a factory reset, will that remove everything?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I am going to have to turn my phone back to the company I work for and I want to make sure all my personal stuff is cleared off the phone including my gmail account that the phone is linked to. If I format the SD card and do a factory reset, will that remove everything?

Yes as long as you were running your phone stock.

Reactions: Whosdaman

FenixOK

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Whosdaman: That's only IF his phone was rooted.

If not, a simple hard reset either by using the three-button method, or by going into Privacy and hard resetting that way. That will remove the Gmail account and any personal data. The only information that would still be in the phone at the point would be simple provisioning information, IE: the phone number, station ID that's attached to your phone number, and the data username and password that the phone uses to access Sprint 3G services.

To clear those, you would need to get the 6 digit Master Subsidy Lock to reset it. Once you get that lock code, you can use the dialer to enter ##786#, click Reset, then enter that six digit lock code.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87