Post here if/when you get your GNEX

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
didn't pre order, but please update the rest of the drooling masses when you unbox/etc.

Last edited:

Bishounen

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Post here if when you get your GNEX

Well, I'm pretty sure mine is sitting at home waiting for me. I leave work at 3PM EST and get home in about 20-25 minutes so I should have mine activated by 4PM EST. Can't promise unboxing pictures, but I'll let you all know how the activation and all went. (My first Android device. I can't wait! *squeeee!*)

(Is it wrong for a 40YO nerd to squee over a new phone? You know what, I'm just too damn excited to care!)

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site

also could any of you share details/fine print of how the Google wallet credit works? is it only for NFC quickpay?

anon(71576)

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site

Google wallet info:
Google Wallet - where it works
Looks like you can use it as NFC or online where they accept Google Checkout. I wonder if this includes the Play Store?

I hope to get my nexus in the next hour or two. On the truck for delivery according to UPS.

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site

Google wallet info:
Google Wallet - where it works
Looks like you can use it as NFC or online where they accept Google Checkout. I wonder if this includes the Play Store?

I hope to get my nexus in the next hour or two. On the truck for delivery according to UPS.

sweet, this essentially makes it similar to a visa/amex gift card that just works in fewer places, I feared it would only work for NFC (aka at a gas station/fast food for smaller purchases).

ive bought stuff from buy.com, google offers, and least important the play store, so there is flexibility in where to use.

jlo8720

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site

a couple products were rolled together (including google checkout)

ron87

May 17, 2010
Visit site

20120420_152508.jpg
:)

anon(71576)

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site

Woot! Got mine!
BTW, don't know how long it was sitting at my door, UPS didn't knock like they normally do.

Bishounen

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

Ok, finally got around to posting, but yep, got mine too. Been busy setting it up and getting familiar with it. Gotta import craploads of stuff from my Pre- later today, just needed to get the basics and Pandora installed.

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

If you plan on rooting your phone, I would recommend not setting anything up. Everything will be deleted off of your phone when you unlock it. So anything saved to your internal SD will be deleted...

You have been warned!

tuxpower

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site

Got mine this afternoon. Put the battery in and started charging then ran out to get a case from Verizon as the local Sprint store won't get them until Sunday :)

anon(71576)

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site

No Sprint apps installed. Just standard apps (phone, sms, etc) and Google apps (gmail, voice, talk, wallet, shopper, maps, you tube, books, etc.)

Reactions: jlo8720

skinnhc

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I got mine also. Please test the notification light as mine does not seem to be working. Even tried using Light flow app...:confused:

EDIT: after a battery pull it started working...:rolleyes:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Roq99

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

I left school a little early because I got an e-mail saying it was delivered, at one point I spooled the turbo in my car all the way and hit 120 mph on the freeway just for a second. I went crazy. I haven't even activated the phone yet the screen is so ing amazing.

Roq99

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

I got mine also. Please test the notification light as mine does not seem to be working. Even tried using Light flow app...:confused:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Same here I haven't seen the notification light turn on a single time... wtf

*edit*

ok I did some research and I guess the light does not come on if the screen is on...?

rwong48

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site

Got mine, couldn't activate through the phone's software nor online, had to call in.

Now trying to fastboot oem unlock, but adb doesn't see the device even though drivers seem to have installed correctly (I used the Verizon one LOL, there's no Sprint one yet) Support - Sprint Cell Phones SPH-L700 | Samsung Cell Phones

Edit: oh nvm, wtf it just appeared!
Edit2: it seems that the site is buggy. keeps showing "Download data unavailable". if it even works, here's the link I got to the Sprint driver. http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/c...int_L700_Galaxy_Nexus_USB_Driver_v1.4.6.0.exe
Edit3: seems like the Verizon and Sprint driver installation EXEs are exactly the same.
Edit4: never mind, I'm dumb. got ahead of myself, forgot to enable USB debugging.
Edit5: figured it all out http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=25113630&postcount=280

Last edited: