Need help fast....stock galaxy nexus image available?

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Someone is getting ready to trade their Spritn Galaxy nexus for my iPhone 4s. I needed to know if there is a stock image available to flash onto the Galaxy Nexus Sprint version. His phone is stuck in fastboot recovery mode and it says "fastboot mode - no boot or recovery img". Will I be able to get the phone to work at all? I just want it for JellyBean anyway, so please help.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
so you're saying I shouldn't do it?

I've included a screenshot of his phone.

thanks for the quick replies btw...

Sprint's outside of my expertise. Read up in that ODIN thread and see what's what. Also, what does the top line (in red) say?

If you get images and have adb/fastboot setup, I can walk you through restoration fairly quickly.

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Sprint's outside of my expertise. Read up in that ODIN thread and see what's what. Also, what does the top line (in red) say?

If you get images and have adb/fastboot setup, I can walk you through restoration fairly quickly.

the red says "fastboot mode - no boot or recovery img"

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Ok. That Wug's link should help you out. You can also download his Toolkit and see if you can go from there with it--I presume you can.

Ok, gonna go ahead and meet up to trade with him. I just want to run Jelly Bean on this thing, as the voice commands kill Siri. I will miss the power of the GPU in the iPhone 4s though when playing Modern Combat 3 =(.....oh well....

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Ok, gonna go ahead and meet up to trade with him. I just want to run Jelly Bean on this thing, as the voice commands kill Siri. I will miss the power of the GPU in the iPhone 4s though when playing Modern Combat 3 =(.....oh well....

You simply need to flash a custom recovery and then load a Sprint JB rom. That should do it :).

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
As far as a JB ROM for the Sprint Galaxy Nexus, I recommend the one by Dreamsforgotten over on XDA. I've got a thread in this forum with links to all the current JB ROM's for the Sprint GNex.

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Ok, I have a problem. I forgot to mention the way he got stuck on this screen. He accidentally flashed the Verizon radio, so when I go through the steps in Odin it fails every time. I put it in download mode, downloaded the SPH-L700.FD02.tar and put it in the PDA section and followed the steps and hit flash. It just fails every time after that.

Any help?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
As far as a JB ROM for the Sprint Galaxy Nexus, I recommend the one by Dreamsforgotten over on XDA. I've got a thread in this forum with links to all the current JB ROM's for the Sprint GNex.

Good work with that. Feel free to take from mine anything you need :).

Ok, I have a problem. I forgot to mention the way he got stuck on this screen. He accidentally flashed the Verizon radio, so when I go through the steps in Odin it fails every time. I put it in download mode, downloaded the SPH-L700.FD02.tar and put it in the PDA section and followed the steps and hit flash. It just fails every time after that.

Any help?

Can you get back to the bootloader? The thing that said fastboot mode.

I need to know what type of computer you/this guy has. Mac, Windows, or Linux/Ubuntu.

Sent from Oliver, my Nuclear-Powered, Orb-Shaped Candy Device.

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site

Any help?

In the link I posted above there is also the sprint radio, which should help you solve that problem for you. You can flash the radio then the image.

other than that I'm not sure what else you can do...

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
Ok I think I know what went wrong. I tried to flash F02 instead of F12 (there are so many files I didn't know which to flash). I'm downloading F12 now and seeing if that works...

Will update in a sec. Thanks guys for the help. I don't remember the forums being this quick when I use to have my Nexus S back in the day. I'm a Windows Phone guy now, but love having multiple devices and really like what I see with Jelly Bean...

UPDATE: Still doesn't work....

Here is what I do:

1. I open Odin
2. Put my phone in download mode
3. Load up the CODE_I9250XXSPH-L700FC12 tar in the PDA section
4. Uncheck the reset time box
5. Plug in my nexus and hit start

I get a FAIL message everytime.

Last edited:
Reactions: dmmarck

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Well, I don't know about dmmarck, but I tried going back to ICS (AOKP Build 40) after using Jelly Bean on my Nexus and it just isn't the same. Also for us Sprint users, Jelly Bean somehow makes our data speeds faster. No one has any idea as to why, but a lot of people are reporting on XDA (with screenshots) that are getting over 1mbps download.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, I don't know about dmmarck, but I tried going back to ICS (AOKP Build 40) after using Jelly Bean on my Nexus and it just isn't the same. Also for us Sprint users, Jelly Bean somehow makes our data speeds faster. No one has any idea as to why, but a lot of people are reporting on XDA (with screenshots) that are getting over 1mbps download.

I have not gone back.

jrd - you could try flashing the images via the bootloader. How familiar are you with all of that?

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I have not gone back.

jrd - you could try flashing the images via the bootloader. How familiar are you with all of that?

I remember doing this a while back. I have to download the SDK, do adb commands or something like that? We're going straight Linux here correct? I'll look for that route

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok I think I know what went wrong. I tried to flash F02 instead of F12 (there are so many files I didn't know which to flash). I'm downloading F12 now and seeing if that works...

Will update in a sec. Thanks guys for the help. I don't remember the forums being this quick when I use to have my Nexus S back in the day. I'm a Windows Phone guy now, but love having multiple devices and really like what I see with Jelly Bean...

UPDATE: Still doesn't work....

Here is what I do:

1. I open Odin
2. Put my phone in download mode
3. Load up the CODE_I9250XXSPH-L700FC12 tar in the PDA section
4. Uncheck the reset time box
5. Plug in my nexus and hit start

I get a FAIL message everytime.

You could try the FD02 image, it's the most recent one.

http://forums.acsyndicate.net/showthread.php?5269-ACS-Return-to-stock-using-Odin&p=19766

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress