OTA software update starting 7/26.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Despite the other similar and double info thread not even having a link, I have not received the update yet but I just turned it on.
Monitoring closely.

Mav. :cool:

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if they will cripple the search with this OTA

Same here, I also wonder if this is the same kind of update the Verizon one saw that modified the display of signal strength to show better signal then the phone was actually getting. I'm going on lunch in a little bit so I'll stop the Sprint store here next to work and ask then what's up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Destoration

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I got the update this morning on my gnex but there doesn't appear to be any sprint tv support. Has anyone gotten sprint tv from somewhere yet? It shows as incompatible on the play store.

Destoration

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I believe he's referring to the particular folder the actual update file sits in after it downloads.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

hmm I'm not sure about that then. It downloaded sometime and this morning when I checked it had the box up saying a update was ready to install.

On the issue of sprint tv I got ahold of technical support and he said while the update says there's sprint tv support the only way to get it is to download the apk and install it. After that it should update itself just fine (least thats what it does on his nexus s). So I'll give that a try and see what happens.

Destoration

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I can't for the life of me get sprint tv to work. Best case it comes to a update screen so I'm not sure what sprint has been smoking but this confusing crap it not fun :(

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If my phone is unlocked do I still get the sprint update?

Honestly I'm not sure, but I would relock the bootloader and make sure your on official software before accepting any official OTA. better safe than sorry.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums