Should I get the Sprint Galaxy Nexus?

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm a new Android Developer and was thinking about getting the Sprint Galaxy Nexus because I can't get the unlocked version. Are there any problems with the phone, besides not being the first to get the updates?

Sent from my YP-GS1 using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Not really, it runs just the same as the other variants of the Gnex line.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

jdhamblin

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Not really, it runs just the same as the other variants of the Gnex line.

Paul,

I assume you have upgraded from the nexus s 4G to the gnex. Was it worth the upgrade? If you've already posted a summary and wouldn't mind pointing me to the thread, I'd be happy to read your thoughts. I appreciate your work on the nexus s rom.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Paul,

I assume you have upgraded from the nexus s 4G to the gnex. Was it worth the upgrade? If you've already posted a summary and wouldn't mind pointing me to the thread, I'd be happy to read your thoughts. I appreciate your work on the nexus s rom.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Android Central Forums

Yes I did upgrade from the NS4G to the Gnex..

Was it worth it? Sure...

Bigger display.
Dual core processor to handle the future OS's better (ICS & currently JB).
32 gb internal memory over 16 gb on the NS4G
LTE (4g) ready verses the NS4G is stuck on 3g/Wimax (4g).
Better camera IMO, (User selectable zoom and other features)
Probably the most important, newer product on the market so it should be safe to say it will receive at least the next update of Android (Key Lime Pie). I think the NS4G and most other single cores are probably done with ICS or JB if they are lucky to receive the JB upgrade.

These are just the most obvious features making it worth it in my opinion. Its a nice device, I think it got a lot of bad press especially on the Verizon side for radio issues and other stuff that IMO just doesn't seem to be mentioned much on the Sprint version.

Probably the biggest seller.. Its price.. Currently Sprint was offering it free with upgrade or new lines... So how could you go wrong really?

tdobynes

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes the Sprint Gnex is a great choice, go for it JB has been great to me on this phone