pressing home button crashing launcher icons

ryancell

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
When I press the home button, most frequently from chrome my launchers main screens icons crash and takes a few moments to restore them. Is there any way to view my log and see if perhaps an app is causing this?

Posted via Android Central App

ryancell

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I actually installed 4.3 then did a factory reset not long ago and it wiped everything. Still does it after that. I have the stock browser disabled and use chrome only. It seems to happen most often with chrome, but occasionally other apps too. Just not as often....Guess I may think of getting a nexus 5 eventually anyways due to the data issue on this phone, or try a 4.4 rom...but was hoping to find a way to find out the cause of this error

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried a different launcher? You didn't specify so I'm assuming you are using the stock launcher. I use Apex Launcher with Mmuzzy's custom ROM. Never have that issue & I use the Chrome browser all the time.

ryancell

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Not yet. I just use the stock one. I've been hesitant to switch launches since I have soo many folders/icons sorted, but it may be an option. Thanks

ryancell

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I installed nova launcher and having tried it a few years ago, it really suites my needs and has taken away the issue for the most part it seems. Thanks for the advice! Glad I tried it, makes my phone feel like new...now if only I could get that 4g data connection bug fixed.

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Glad to hear that Nova helped. I had Nova in the past but if I recall, there is to much stuff that is blocked from the free version. For me, Apex is fine, I'm not into a ton of customizations. I just want it to work.
You are still having data issues? You were asking about the Cyanogenmod 4.4.2, did you ever try it?

ryancell

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
The free version has a lot of things in it. I purchased the paid one to support it, but it didn't add much but a few animations that I use.

I was going to try cyanogenmod, but after reading some posts on sprint forums, they say they are working on addressing the data issue. But I don't know if they will. I'd rather stay official to upgrade. If they don't release something in a few months, I may get a nexus 5 or try the cyanogen once its more stable. Some posts people still say they have data issues I believe.

The main thing that makes me love my nexus is my other post I had about the zero lemon battery. I love this thing and it was only $40 and my phone lasts all day. I haven't been to fond of sprint lately so if I get a nexus 5, I will look at att or tmobile in my area. Sprint signals been soo horrible in my area during upgrades. They say it will get better as 4g is slowly going up around here in Ohio, but its nowhere near other carriers for speed and reliability.