Can the note 2 talk and surf over 3G at the same time?

abdnach

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Simply, can the Galaxy Note 2 Talk and Surf the web at the same time over 3G? This is possible on most new Sprint phones and was just wondering if the Note 2 had this capability. I'm not talking about wifi. So to test, turn off your wifi, make sure you have 3G connection, and try placing a call, then while on the call, try opening a web page. Please let me know soon!

Please don't start a debate on how useful/useless you consider this feature to be. I have it on the SGS 3 and have found myself using it a few times.

Sh3ngLong

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, the Note II doesn't support voice+3G (SVDO), but it does support voice+LTE (SVLTE). Can anyone with LTE in their area confirm this? :)

TIA

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
So the S3 supports SVDO but this does not? Here's to hoping for LTE in the next decade.

My guess this is due to the S3 having a QUALCOMM chipset compared to the Note 2 having the Exynos. The GS2 also can't do 3g and voice at the same time and it too has an Exynos chipset, so if anything, I expected this.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
On Sprint, 3g while talk does not work. 4g does.

Mine had a Qualcomm sticker on it... I think?

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I am on sprint and have full 4g coverage always so I finally tried this and it works. There was only one time about a year ago that I would have needed this feature and I remember I was very angry that I could not do it. Good to know if that ever happens again I will be able to do what I need to do.

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I just discovered that I can talk, surf the net, and text (all at the same time) on my Note 2, but I am with Verizon.

Yes, but only when on lte which is almost everywhere since Verizon has great coverage. On sprint you'll be able to do it also if or once they get lte more widely available.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Already get it everywhere I go ;)

Swyped from my Galaxy Note II on the Now Network

Lucky. Their still running tests near my town. Hopefully in a month or 2 they'll keep it on. Can't wait. I'm jealous of att and tmobile customers.

Marion Stephens

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Okay I just purchased a note 2 today on VZW and if I read your post correctly you are saying that even when in 3G areas we can still talk, text and surf the web? Please say yes, my girlfriend has a S3 and she is able to do this things and this will give her one up on me if I can't. lol

kgk1985

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Okay I just purchased a note 2 today on VZW and if I read your post correctly you are saying that even when in 3G areas we can still talk, text and surf the web? Please say yes, my girlfriend has a S3 and she is able to do this things and this will give her one up on me if I can't. lol

No. Only when on LTE

sent from Galaxy Note 2

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
On AT&T you can...........

Hehehehee sorry I couldn't resist! :p:-*

Of course, but then you have to deal with dropped calls, same slow speeds as Sprint on most areas and high prices. So thanks but no thanks. Only gsm company I'd try is tmo.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Question is, most people don't need the talk and surf feature. I saw a commercial about the iPhone for att that said you can talk and surf. Still not leaving Sprint just for that... :/

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member