Hebrew Keyboard not working... Help please

abe2np

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I have a stock ROM installed and it allows me to download additional languages from Samsung every single additional language works except for Hebrew, although it works if I do it in handwriting recognition or to change the entire language of the phone with language enabler (It is rooted), anybody got any insight as to how I can fix this issue and have Hebrew installed as part of the Samsung keyboard?

Thank You in advance.

JohnnyVolcano

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same issue. Just bought the AT&T Galaxy Note 2 today. Hebrew pack downloaded fine in the "Samsung Keyboard". I have it checked but the keyboard doesnt recognize that it is enabled. It works fine with other languages. Talked to Samsung tech support. They are clueless. Any ideas?

CrazyMilko

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Same here - Verizon Galaxy Note 2 - both Hebrew and English are enabled, but I can't switch to Hebrew.
If I select other languages - they work fine (including Arabic, how ironic, makes you wonder if someone did this on purpose!). Also, if I select Hebrew - it doesn't show up in the main "Samsung Keyboard setting" under "Input Languages" - again, other languages will show up in a comma separated list, but not Hebrew. And of course, can't change to Hebrew using the space button.

The temporary workaround I found is to switch to the Swype keyboard, which comes built in with my phone. It's actually a pretty cool concept, and you can still type regularly if you prefer.

panawiz

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
The Hebrew (עברית) setting does not work with the U.S. versions of Samsung Galaxy. It was confirmed by Samsung employees. After adding Hebrew (עברית) to the "Input language", the Hebrew does not show in the [spacebar] or globe option on the keyboard.

The Hebrew keyboard works fine on non-Samsung Jellybean phones and the global version of the Samsung Galaxy Note II.

It is a strange (suspicious) bug. Other languages, such as Arabic work fine !

nachshol

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
This is only partially true!!!

I'm using the T-Mobile version of the Note 2 (SGH-T889). Hebrew worked JUST FINE before I updated the firmware to UvALL4. Since then, I have the same issue with Hebrew not showing when I try to change the input language using the space bar.

I'm considering going downgrading back because of this. One of the reasons I got a new phone is not having to have a "foreign" keyboard app such as AnySoftKeyboard, for example. Can't stand them!

bahdal bah

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Now, I get the solution (I just joined to tell you that)::p
I had the same issue but with arabic language. It was after upgrading my phone (Galaxy S3) to Android 4.3. Follow these steps:
Go to Settings --> My Device --> Accessibility --> Notiification History --> then Turn it off
That's works for me and hope work for everyone

telaviv1

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Do you have CM "Clean Master" installed? It disabled my Hebrew keyboard, when I allowed it to hibernate unused apps.
To fix, go to settings >> accessibility >> services

DINMDK

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
I have a GT18200 4.2 and I keep losing the ability / option to type in Hebrew. I turned off the CM Clean Master and it now works
Thanks for the tip!
;);)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty