Picking up Samsung Galaxy Note 2 from Best Buy?

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, is it just me, or is it at all suspicious that m626GT has only just joined AC this month and this was his first post?

bill323

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Not really considering if he just bought the phone his next move was to join an online community. I am still not planning on wasting my time at BB until the 11th.

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Not really considering if he just bought the phone his next move was to join an online community. I am still not planning on wasting my time at BB until the 11th.

Yeah, I can't see going over there tonight, and I think tomorrow's a pretty busy day for me, so it's also looking like Sunday for me. Besides, I haven't even had a chance to offload the stuff on my current phone - in preperation for a buy back.

Speaking of which, Sprint mentioned they would give me $61 for my Evo 3D. It's pretty scuffed up on the case, although the screen only has some pretty minor scratches. Still, I don't get the feeling it's going to fetch a whole lot more than that on eBay or Craigslist given it's scuffmarks. And I've dropped it enough to where I'm not even positive it's in great shape internally at this point. So, I guess my question is twofold - does BB give about the same as Sprint does? I assume you didn't have to buy the phone at BB in order for them to buy it back? Also, if I do buy the Note 2 at BB, I can still sell my Evo 3D back to Sprint, right?

bill323

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Go to Best Buy.com they have a feature that will tell you how much you can get for your phone. I doubt they would buy back if you were not buying a phone from them.

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Go to Best Buy.com they have a feature that will tell you how much you can get for your phone. I doubt they would buy back if you were not buying a phone from them.

I'm not talking about Best Buy buying it back if I don't buy a phone from them, but rather Sprint. I'm still a customer of theirs and I know they have this "recycle" program to buy back old phones. They already offered me $61 for the Evo 3D, just wasn't sure if they would still do it if I bought a new phone from BB...

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The email that I had been feverishly awaiting before I knew my phone is already in stock at best buy came today. I was in the middle of playing angry birds star wars when it came in. I had pre ordered my phone and now they are telling me it's ready for pick up tomorrow. Sort of anti climactic since I knew this already, but, I guess now it's official official. :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Well I wonder why I didn't receive my email? Even though my phone came in on Tuesday. Still be picking up a white Samsung Galaxy Note 2 tomorrow.:)

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

bill323

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I will be heading to BB tomorrow to pick mine up. The only hangup I have right now is to make sure their exchange policy includes Black Friday deals. I went on the rewardzone page and I found another $5 certificate they gave me on 10/31 for some holiday promo. I also went onto Sprint chat and was able to get a $33 credit for crappy service that will cover my activation fee.
My last concern is about the Best Buy insurance. I think it was $167 to cover the phone with zero deductible. It sounds like a great deal but insurance always has fine print that screws you when you need to use it most.

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I will be heading to BB tomorrow to pick mine up. The only hangup I have right now is to make sure their exchange policy includes Black Friday deals. I went on the rewardzone page and I found another $5 certificate they gave me on 10/31 for some holiday promo. I also went onto Sprint chat and was able to get a $33 credit for crappy service that will cover my activation fee.
My last concern is about the Best Buy insurance. I think it was $167 to cover the phone with zero deductible. It sounds like a great deal but insurance always has fine print that screws you when you need to use it most.

I just got their insurance for my wife. I didn't research it as I should have, but $167 for two years of coverage saves a lot of money over Sprint's which is $11/month x 24 = $264! I've used Sprint's in the past, but not Best Buy's so I'm curious about how good it is...

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
One other question I had related to Best Buy - I'm planning on handing in my old phone (an Evo 3D) for $60 back. However, the phone has an extended battery with custom back. I can't seem to find my old one. Will that be an issue? Also, my phone is rooted with an alternate ROM (SOS M Version 2). Do I need to go put back my stock Sense ROM in order for them to buy it back, or do they not care at all?

bill323

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I can get a few bucks for my Evo but I am going to hang onto it just in case my Note goes down I will have it as a backup. You may be best served to flash it back to stock if you can.

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
We have my wife's old Optimus S as a backup so 60 bucks will be a decent break - 20% actually.

Sent from my NABI2-NV7A using Android Central Forums

Melissa Kritzell

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I am picking my note up at best buy tomorrow as well..they already have it activated. They bought back the Photon I had for $210 and than I also got a $50 gift card. So I only have to pay $50. Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow.

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I am picking my note up at best buy tomorrow as well..they already have it activated. They bought back the Photon I had for $210 and than I also got a $50 gift card. So I only have to pay $50. Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow.

I hear you on that, I am trading in my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone for this beauty tomorrow. I am so excited.:thumbup:

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Hey there how did you get your phone activated already and it's still in the store?

Melissa Kritzell

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
They did it while I was there yesterday, they couldn't ring me out. But they helped me set my phone up. They aren't allowed to sell the note 2 until tomorrow. I was like SHOOT. They made a note and set it aside. All I have to do is pay for the phone and pick it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty