04-10-2013 08:33 PM
166 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Tried installing the update from the .zip file and the after it verifies package it gives me an error "e:error in tmp/sideload.... didn't get whole thing. Has anyone had this problem? Thanks

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
    02-18-2013 06:27 AM
    Was rooted on exynos apk option and followed directions to uninstall. I used a root checker to make sure Im not rooted but the .zip still wont install. I think i have stock recovery because of the way it looks but is there a chance I'm not on stock recovery? This is getting confusing now.
    02-18-2013 06:33 AM
    Okay, I finally rooted my phone last night. I just got a notification for a system update this morning. I did not install any custom roms or anything. Is it safe to install the update?
    02-18-2013 06:33 AM
    Got my update this morning after about the 80 time in last 3 days I cleared Google framework. Lol

Note 2, it's true, ,size is everything!
    02-18-2013 08:39 AM
    Just received notification for and installed the 4.1.2 update on my non-rooted device (during overnight charging). Too soon to tell if there are any issues. First think I noticed was the Smart Stay icon is now constant in the notification bar as opposed to flashing periodically to check. I also went and changed my Notification bar, and ink color.

I do not see a different Gallery app , just that it's running much better, no lag.

Hopefully battery life will be better, or not worse.
    02-18-2013 10:15 AM
    Just noticed when I open a folder it has like a neon effect. Looks nice. Also noticed the phone reacts different when you swipe for a screen shot. Much quicker and smoother.

02-18-2013 11:02 AM
    Got my update this morning after about the 80 time in last 3 days I cleared Google framework. Lol

How exactly did you clear the frameworks? I may give it a go again. The .zip file didn't work for me.

02-18-2013 12:04 PM
    Cleared google framework and checked for a firmware update and nothing but when I tried samsung update it worked, so far the gallery has no lag that I can notice and I love the ink effect when unlocking the phone with the s pen. Also you can customize the toggles on the notification bar. If theres a official change log id like to see it. Other than that im happy with the update so far.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2
    02-18-2013 12:08 PM
    New voice mail app is pretty cool. You can now change your quick setting toggles as well. Still noticing new stuff. Will post if I find anything else that is new.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    How do you change to the quick setting toggles?
    02-18-2013 12:19 PM
    I don't mind losing root to get Google wallet to work. Plus its easier to get root back. I may try the .zip file when I get home. Only reason I used root was to tether which I haven't done since December. Plus open garden still works without needing root.

Good afternoon, I am a female and I wanted to know if you can give me step by step directions how to get my phone back to original JLC? I am not rooted don't know how to do that stuff. I have the unofficial 4.1.2 which was through a zip file.

02-18-2013 12:35 PM
    I think I'll wait for the rooted version.
    02-18-2013 12:54 PM
    Go in settings and it's under display

tarn451 likes this.
    02-18-2013 01:19 PM
    I saw someone mention the new voice mail app, I got an update for that separately the other day and I got an update for the sprint zone app today. I wonder if all those were included in the update or not. Either way, I am still on 4.1.1

02-18-2013 01:37 PM
    I saw someone mention the new voice mail app, I got an update for that separately the other day and I got an update for the sprint zone app today. I wonder if all those were included in the update or not. Either way, I am still on 4.1.1

I got those same updates too. Still no 4.1.2 update though.

02-18-2013 01:59 PM
    I have noticed my battery draining faster. (my perception so far)
    The eye icon stays on all the time.

And my Google Wallet now works. (completely stock) I already had it installed. After update notice this morning (on charger overnight) I tried it out and it let me set everything up, add a credit card etc. Prior to update it would give me the old "not supported" message.

I moved my notification buttons around. What/how is the 'ink color' change?
    02-18-2013 02:05 PM
    I received my update this morning and there are a couples of changes, one in camera alot more in setting you can do like use the volume to zoom in and out, second the notification you can choose which one you want to see when you pull down the notification bar
    02-18-2013 03:45 PM
    I received my update this morning and there are a couples of changes, one in camera alot more in setting you can do like use the volume to zoom in and out, second the notification you can choose which one you want to see when you pull down the notification bar
    The volume button zoom has always been there.

02-18-2013 03:48 PM
    Ok guys, for those who still don't have update, I think I have a sure way to get it started. Instead of just clearing the cache on Google frameworks, do this: clear cache then disable it. Then restart phone. After it boots up go back to app manager and it will be at the bottom of the list, clear cache again and enable it. Then retry the update. It worked for me. Let me know if it works.

02-18-2013 08:17 PM
    I have noticed my battery draining faster. (my perception so far)
    The eye icon stays on all the time.

And my Google Wallet now works. (completely stock) I already had it installed. After update notice this morning (on charger overnight) I tried it out and it let me set everything up, add a credit card etc. Prior to update it would give me the old "not supported" message.

I moved my notification buttons around. What/how is the 'ink color' change?
    To change the ink color, go to Settings, Lockscreen, Lockscreen options, and there, provided you have the ripple effect on and you're not running a Live Wallpaper on your lockscreen, you can now change what color ink is being sprayed into the water when you unlock your phone with your S pen.

Yes, the eye icon is always on, but it's usually gray until the phone checks for your presence. It does so based on how long you allow the phones screen to stay on until it turns itself off. If you only have it on for 15 seconds, then it will check if you're looking at the screen after 15 seconds, etc...
    02-18-2013 08:46 PM
    I tried it by clearing the cache and force closing, then checking right away and by clearing the cache, force closing, rebooting, and then checking. Either way, I did it like 10 times at least, and not in short order, I only did it maybe 2 or 3 times, then leaving it alone for a while. Anyways, as soon as I saw the post with the Update being available to download for a manual install, I tried it one more time, just for kicks. Cleared cache, force stopped, checked for updates, and there it was. For the most part I think it's really just coincidence and that there is no sure fire method to make the phone find the update right away. It sure is fun trying. At least on Sprint you can hammer away at the Check NOW button as much as you want, the AT&T version won't let you check again for 24 hours.
    02-18-2013 08:50 PM
    Yes, go to Settings, Display, Notification Panel. In there you can drag up the ones you want to use, and drag down the ones you don't want to see.
    tarn451 likes this.
    02-18-2013 09:00 PM
    Good afternoon, I am a female and I wanted to know if you can give me step by step directions how to get my phone back to original JLC? I am not rooted don't know how to do that stuff. I have the unofficial 4.1.2 which was through a zip file.

02-18-2013 09:28 PM
    Ok guys, for those who still don't have update, I think I have a sure way to get it started. Instead of just clearing the cache on Google frameworks, do this: clear cache then disable it. Then restart phone. After it boots up go back to app manager and it will be at the bottom of the list, clear cache again and enable it. Then retry the update. It worked for me. Let me know if it works.

Didn't work
    02-18-2013 10:01 PM
    Got the OTA update this morning. After the update, the Smart Stay icon was on in the notification bar. If you want to turn it off, go to Settings>Display>scroll down to Features>uncheck Smart Stay. So far the icon has not shown up again in my notification bar.
    02-18-2013 10:21 PM
    Go into settings and display and you will see a tab for notifications. It will allow you to do it there.

02-19-2013 12:21 AM
166 ... 23456 ...