Gmail recently stopped automatically getting new mail...?

cruiserandmax

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the Google Mail app without any problem since I've had my GN2. New emails would always show up as notifications. Recently I stopped getting notifications of any new emails. Now whenever I open the Google Mail I notice that it had not refreshed (checked for new messages) since the last time I launched the app and manually refreshed messages. I went into settings for the app and noticed that "Sync Gmail" is unchecked for my account. I cannot find any other setting anywhere else that would seem related to my situation. The weird thing is I don't remember ever explicitly turning this off. Is this my problem? Should I check it?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the Google Mail app without any problem since I've had my GN2. New emails would always show up as notifications. Recently I stopped getting notifications of any new emails. Now whenever I open the Google Mail I notice that it had not refreshed (checked for new messages) since the last time I launched the app and manually refreshed messages. I went into settings for the app and noticed that "Sync Gmail" is unchecked for my account. I cannot find any other setting anywhere else that would seem related to my situation. The weird thing is I don't remember ever explicitly turning this off. Is this my problem? Should I check it?

Yes check that. It should fix your problem.

Paul Marsh

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
This just happened to me as well (4/21/13 or 4/22/13). However, sync is still checked in my case. I'm using an Incredible 2, Android version 2.3.4, HTC Sense version 2.1.

Paul

bako88fan

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Check to ensure sync is enabled in the notification bar. I accidentally turned mine off and didn't get any emails for a week. Swipe the notification bar down and scroll through the settings like wifi, blue tooth GPS and sync is usually the fourth.

Katie Melton

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the Droid Incredible 2 and am having the same issue. All auto sync settimgs are set. I even got a replacement phone for a different reason and still the same. Emails will not sync or refresh unless i open the app and hit refresh. Sometimes, even then, not all messages appear and i have to go to the "all mail" label to get it to pull down everything. Then when I go back to the inbox all messages are there.

Is there a fix or do I need to use another email app. I originally was using the htc email but had notification issues with it and switched to the gmail app, which worked at first.

Thanks for any help.

SethPen

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Check to ensure sync is enabled in the notification bar. I accidentally turned mine off and didn't get any emails for a week. Swipe the notification bar down and scroll through the settings like wifi, blue tooth GPS and sync is usually the fourth.

Logged in just to say this was exactly my issue. Thanks bako88fan :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez