I've been using the Google Mail app without any problem since I've had my GN2. New emails would always show up as notifications. Recently I stopped getting notifications of any new emails. Now whenever I open the Google Mail I notice that it had not refreshed (checked for new messages) since the last time I launched the app and manually refreshed messages. I went into settings for the app and noticed that "Sync Gmail" is unchecked for my account. I cannot find any other setting anywhere else that would seem related to my situation. The weird thing is I don't remember ever explicitly turning this off. Is this my problem? Should I check it?
    04-19-2013 10:34 PM
    I've been using the Google Mail app without any problem since I've had my GN2. New emails would always show up as notifications. Recently I stopped getting notifications of any new emails. Now whenever I open the Google Mail I notice that it had not refreshed (checked for new messages) since the last time I launched the app and manually refreshed messages. I went into settings for the app and noticed that "Sync Gmail" is unchecked for my account. I cannot find any other setting anywhere else that would seem related to my situation. The weird thing is I don't remember ever explicitly turning this off. Is this my problem? Should I check it?
    Yes check that. It should fix your problem.
    04-20-2013 12:39 AM
    This just happened to me as well (4/21/13 or 4/22/13). However, sync is still checked in my case. I'm using an Incredible 2, Android version 2.3.4, HTC Sense version 2.1.

Paul
    04-22-2013 09:17 AM
    Check to ensure sync is enabled in the notification bar. I accidentally turned mine off and didn't get any emails for a week. Swipe the notification bar down and scroll through the settings like wifi, blue tooth GPS and sync is usually the fourth.
    04-22-2013 01:24 PM
    My husband's phone is telling me to update security settings in able to use the app. What is that about?
    04-22-2013 08:02 PM
    My husband's phone is telling me to update security settings in able to use the app. What is that about?
    I apologize he had intergrated his Gmail app into the email app, and this was his problem.
    04-23-2013 12:08 AM
    I have the Droid Incredible 2 and am having the same issue. All auto sync settimgs are set. I even got a replacement phone for a different reason and still the same. Emails will not sync or refresh unless i open the app and hit refresh. Sometimes, even then, not all messages appear and i have to go to the "all mail" label to get it to pull down everything. Then when I go back to the inbox all messages are there.

Is there a fix or do I need to use another email app. I originally was using the htc email but had notification issues with it and switched to the gmail app, which worked at first.

Thanks for any help.
    05-23-2013 02:09 PM
    Check to ensure sync is enabled in the notification bar. I accidentally turned mine off and didn't get any emails for a week. Swipe the notification bar down and scroll through the settings like wifi, blue tooth GPS and sync is usually the fourth.

Logged in just to say this was exactly my issue. Thanks bako88fan
    07-22-2013 11:01 AM