Why the SGS2 over the Nexus Prime?

Jarowh

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
This is one of those things where you can go on for ever about. Look,there will always be something new and better coming out regardless of what you have. As soon as you have the top phone, rooted with the fastest rom, a leak will come out that makes your phone look like crap. This business now is like computers in the late 90s. Everything happens so fast there is hardly a chance to catch up.

My advice is if you like everything about the phone...get it. Yes, something better may be coming out. There will be something better coming after that too. Its an endless cycle. I will be making this purchase day one and I know for at least one year I will be entertained by it.

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
This is one of those things where you can go on for ever about. Look,there will always be something new and better coming out regardless of what you have. As soon as you have the top phone, rooted with the fastest rom, a leak will come out that makes your phone look like crap. This business now is like computers in the late 90s. Everything happens so fast there is hardly a chance to catch up.

My advice is if you like everything about the phone...get it. Yes, something better may be coming out. There will be something better coming after that too. Its an endless cycle. I will be making this purchase day one and I know for at least one year I will be entertained by it.
Well said. This echos my sentiments exactly.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
No, he means he could care less.....grammar police...geesh

I'm going to deputize myself here too :) - sweetmonster is right. If you could care less, then you must care. If you couldn't care less, there is no lower level of caring so you must not care at all. The confusion is understandable since it's a very common mistake.

Sent from my Bulletproof Sensation 4G

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
You guys really need your phones, because you're nitpicking the dumbest things. It's a common expression, not a mistake... Kind of like how "disrespect" became a verb.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
You guys really need your phones, because you're nitpicking the dumbest things. It's a common expression, not a mistake... Kind of like how "disrespect" became a verb.

This was my point...when I made my post I was being sarcastic. Seriously, people need to get a life when they feel the need to correct people's spelling and grammar on forum like this. If this were a writing forum it would be appropriate, but here it's not.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

Yup, not really a big deal at all. Back to the topic at hand.

Sent from my Bulletproof Sensation 4G

michaeljc70

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
My HTC Hero is so bloated and falling apart so I will be getting the S2. I have waited long enough. I almost got the Photon, but had doubts on that. The S2 will have plenty of support (ROMs, hacks,etc) and has good specs.

I've said before the carriers/manufacturers don't give any solid information because if they did, everyone would hold out and wait to buy new phones. My guess is the Prime will not get to Sprint this year.

folarino

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
And the dumbing down of America continues.

Saying 'I could care less' when you mean you couldn't care less makes NO sense. It is literally saying 'I actually care" (non-sarcastically) instead of I don't care.
This can't be likened to using disrespect as a verb. The analogy fails.

One does not need to be on a writing forum to write correctly or coherently. The other day I heard an ESPN anchor use the word 'irregardless'. Just awful.

Riebs

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Yikes! I came here looking for a discussion on the Nexus Prime vs. the Samsung Galaxy S II and this crap is going on? Come on boys, get back on topic. :p

tdoom15

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Psh! Who wants to go to class and learn grammar when you could sit at home and collect free money instead!

I bought a pre 2 from the fire sale and will be converting it to work on sprint as I love webOS, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't extremly tempted by the gs2 and Prime. I will prob stick with the pre 2, wait for the prime to come out and see just how amazing it is.

Toyman317

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Yikes! I came here looking for a discussion on the Nexus Prime vs. the Samsung Galaxy S II and this crap is going on? Come on boys, get back on topic. :p

Good point.
I get my upgrade in January. By then the Prime will be out so I will have the luxury to compare them side by side. But from what I have heard, I think I would have waited anyway. I like the idea of the Prime having better resolution and a HD screen and that there is a good chance it may have a smaller footprint than the SGS2 because of the lack of capacitive buttons. If the Prime does not have an SD card, I am not sure I can live with that but then again, I am not an application hog either.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
The NP hasn't been announced. So the specs out on it are still just Rumors. I hope it gets the HD screen but not official yet... Im getting the GSII on Sprint and when this comes out ill just add aline to checkit out and keep it if i love it...SD card isnt a killer for me since cloud service will be the future and my 16gb sd card in my epic still has 9,5 gbs left..

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
By the time Prime gets here, the upcoming Galaxy III would have quad core, usb 3, projection screen, etc, etc. and so on with Prime 2 or Nexus 4 or etc, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa