Rumored price of GS2

jaysmallz

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
As per a very good source...the rumored priced of the Epic 4g Touch is going to be $249 after a 2yr contract renewal during the first 6 weeks then drop down to $199 afterwards. I hope I am wrong on this one and it's $199 from the start.

cacherpaderp

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
As per a very good source...the rumored priced of the Epic 4g Touch is going to be $249 after a 2yr contract renewal during the first 6 weeks then drop down to $199 afterwards. I hope I am wrong on this one and it's $199 from the start.

Sprint's flagship phones come out at $199.99. I'm pretty sure you're wrong on this.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
$249 won't surprise me one bit. I hope it's not, but considering the price point of new phones on other networks it could well carry over to Sprint. Wasn't the Epic priced at $249?

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
The only reason why the epic was $249 was for the keyboard (and arguably, the LED notification). I think it would be $199. No keyboard, no overpriced phone. Simple as that.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I hope its $199 also but who knows . the charge came out $299 the Bionic is Rumored $299. If Sprint goes the $250 route which i hope it doesn't it will hurt them. I would probably get it anyway but i think just like so many things people will pick on the price just to put Sprint down. They saw it didn't help them last year and on the 3D they could have done that but didn't . So hopefully the stay the course with $199 being the price. Cant wait 3 weeks (rumor) more .

cacherpaderp

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I hope its $199 also but who knows . the charge came out $299 the Bionic is Rumored $299. If Sprint goes the $250 route which i hope it doesn't it will hurt them. I would probably get it anyway but i think just like so many things people will pick on the price just to put Sprint down. They saw it didn't help them last year and on the 3D they could have done that but didn't . So hopefully the stay the course with $199 being the price. Cant wait 3 weeks (rumor) more .

You can't really compare Sprint prices to overpriced VZW. VZW usually has more expensive phones simply because they are on Verizon.

cacherpaderp

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I disagree. The htc evo shift is on par with the epic spec wise, had a keyboard and did not cost $249

You forget that the general population is ignorant and they would see the 800mhz and think that it is slower. Plus, remember that it did not have a Front Facing camera, it had a 5 Megapixel camera (vs evo's 8), it did not have hdmi out, and it had a smaller screen.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I disagree. The htc evo shift is on par with the epic spec wise, had a keyboard and did not cost $249

I forgot to point this out, but Sprint probably paid a bit extra for having an exclusive phone (which ultimately made it so CM7 was harder to get on this phone) and Sprint felt like it was just to pay $250 because it is the only Galaxy phone in the 'S' Series that has a keyboard.

RBrown9180

May 16, 2010
Visit site
You forget that the general population is ignorant and they would see the 800mhz and think that it is slower. Plus, remember that it did not have a Front Facing camera, it had a 5 Megapixel camera (vs evo's 8), it did not have hdmi out, and it had a smaller screen.

So as you just posted above, it clearly wasn't $249 solely for the physical keyboard

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I dont care about the price, i am getting it period. This thing is gonna sell like fresh hot bread in a third world country.

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Yea I would be in protest if it went for more then $200 after rebate. I am looking to get this now and then add a 3rd line just to get the Prime but if its going for $300 then i think i can wait for a price drop or the Prime. I really do hope Sprint sticks to $200. for both phones ;)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Yea I would be in protest if it went for more then $200 after rebate. I am looking to get this now and then add a 3rd line just to get the Prime but if its going for $300 then i think i can wait for a price drop or the Prime. I really do hope Sprint sticks to $200. for both phones ;)

Charging an extra $50 for a physical keyboard is not a legit argument. The shift cost less and was on par with the Epic. It must be a decision based on the price Sprint got Samsung phones and what they felt was a good subsidy and still walk away with minimal loss.

cacherpaderp

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
So as you just posted above, it clearly wasn't $249 solely for the physical keyboard

So as you didn't read what I wrote I was clearly comparing it to the EVO which it was supposed to replace/upgrade and remember that the evo was $199.99 and the flagship 4g phone. You think they would charge more for a phone with "lesser" stats with simply an additional keyboard?

cacherpaderp

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
Charging an extra $50 for a physical keyboard is not a legit argument. The shift cost less and was on par with the Epic. It must be a decision based on the price Sprint got Samsung phones and what they felt was a good subsidy and still walk away with minimal loss.

It was on par with the Epic but the advertised stats were lesser. The general populous isn't going to look at quadrant scores. They're going to see: that it has a smaller screen, that the screen doesn't look at nice, that it doesn't have a front facing camera, that it is clocked 200mhz lower (I've heard Sprint employees trying to always sell someone an Epic over the Evo Shift simply because "it is faster").

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo