Connecting USB?

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
So I'm trying to connect this bad boy to my Macbook Pro to transfer some files and it doesn't seem to be recognizing the phone. I plug the phone in and it says MTP-Connected and I get the USB icon in the notifications bar, but theres no option to mount the drive. What am I missing? Thanks.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
On my PC the phone shows in the "My Computer" window as a device...SPH-D710 I think it said. Clicking on that opens a windows with "phone" and "card" as the two storage choices. I'm not a Mac guy...sorry.

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I've tried rebooting the phone and the macbook pro. Tried a different micro USB cable and then I tried a different USB port. Still no joy.

Just to add more info to the problem I'm running OSX 10.6.8, intel based mac. yada yada why!! :-X

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
The plot thickens. Tried connecting to a friends Windows 7 64 bit machine. It recognized the phone but there was no way to eject the device safely.

noshooz

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
It looks like an SD card is necessary to do USB transfer. I found Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> USB utilities. There's an option to "Connect storage to PC." It only works if an SD card is present.

chefsage

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
You have to go to settings>applications> development > debugging. Enable it and its as good as gold.

GOLDEN!!!! Thank you SOOOO much, I don't know why I didn't think of this, but you just saved me a few hours of frustration. I've got so much crap on this SD card from my previous phone...it will be nice to empty it!

Hawaiian_Geek

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
What am I missing? When I click on Settings, Application, there is no development listed.

under applications look for development....open it up and uncheck USB debugging....make sure you're doing this without the usb cable plugged into the phone.....then reconnect the USB cable and it should work properly after that.....