slow responding proximity sensor

Pudgebond

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
When I'm on a phone call using the phones earpiece and I go to use the numeric keypad or go to end the call, there is about a three second delay before the screen lights up to use the screen to end the call. I went into the sprint store today to see if their model did this and the screen turned on instantly with no delay. Does anyone else have this
problem?

taylormah

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I used to have same issue when I was using Epic 4G. It may very well be an issue with ET too. Cant say for sure, I havent received my ET yet.

mag44

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
My proximity sensor is slower than my Epic 4G. This is somewhat annoying because I will sometimes leave a voicemail to someone if I try to hang up when if they do not answer.

This is a great phone and I love it otherwise.

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Yep no protector her either I just thought it was a light delay, I've gotten use to it now, but good idea checking the display version at sprint. Disturbing... I also noticed a slight delay when you wake it up from sleeping when I first got it. not noticeable anymore but coming from 3D, initially it thought this device was slower...

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyone find a solution to this? When I first got my Epic Touch the proximity sensor was darn near instant, now it takes a couple seconds to turn the screen on. While this isn't the worst issue to have, I would love to find a solution.

ArtVandelay

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Anyone find a solution to this? When I first got my Epic Touch the proximity sensor was darn near instant, now it takes a couple seconds to turn the screen on. While this isn't the worst issue to have, I would love to find a solution.

Same issue here. No screen protector.

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
If you go into accessibility settings, there's an option for power button ends calls; check it. It's just a work around but it's better than nothing.

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
So the more I pay attention I notice that it isn't the sensor really, it is the screen turn on time. If I hit the power button I get the same delay.

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if you guy shave tried this, but I was surprised at the delay as well. By the time I took the phone away from my ear, to the time the screen came up allowing me to end the call, the call had already ended. I put on Launcher Pro last week and it's almost instant now. I have a SP on, so I think it was just Touchwiz that was giving it problems.

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if you guy shave tried this, but I was surprised at the delay as well. By the time I took the phone away from my ear, to the time the screen came up allowing me to end the call, the call had already ended. I put on Launcher Pro last week and it's almost instant now. I have a SP on, so I think it was just Touchwiz that was giving it problems.

You might be onto something! I just set Launcher Pro as my default and used the phone, it is about 80% better! Still not the instant reaction that it was when I first got the phone, but a heck of an improvement :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo