Odd Issue - Temporary?

saxman

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I just got my S2 today and am loving it so far. I did have one strange issue at first though. The first 4-5 calls I made I was not able to get any sound in the earpiece. During the call, the speaker phone option was grayed out. I plugged in headphones for the heck of it (no mic.) and could then hear the call. I thought maybe the headphone jack was faulty causing the phone to remain in headset mode.

After removing the headphones, I tried a couple more calls and still no sound in the earpiece and no speakerphone option.

Finally, I turned the phone off and let it charge until it was 99% charged. I turned it back on and now had sound in the earpiece as well as having the speaker phone option. It has been working ever since. I seem to remember reading someone else having sound issues while the phone was charging. I was unable to find that info again though.

I am happy everything is working great now; however, my concern is this could potentially end up being a reoccurring issue. Has anyone else experienced no sound in the earpiece? Either temporarily or as an ongoing problem? I'll probably just use the phone for a couple weeks and monitor it. Maybe it was just a fluke thing during the initial charging of the battery.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I just got my S2 today and am loving it so far. I did have one strange issue at first though. The first 4-5 calls I made I was not able to get any sound in the earpiece. During the call, the speaker phone option was grayed out. I plugged in headphones for the heck of it (no mic.) and could then hear the call. I thought maybe the headphone jack was faulty causing the phone to remain in headset mode.

After removing the headphones, I tried a couple more calls and still no sound in the earpiece and no speakerphone option.

Finally, I turned the phone off and let it charge until it was 99% charged. I turned it back on and now had sound in the earpiece as well as having the speaker phone option. It has been working ever since. I seem to remember reading someone else having sound issues while the phone was charging. I was unable to find that info again though.

I am happy everything is working great now; however, my concern is this could potentially end up being a reoccurring issue. Has anyone else experienced no sound in the earpiece? Either temporarily or as an ongoing problem? I'll probably just use the phone for a couple weeks and monitor it. Maybe it was just a fluke thing during the initial charging of the battery.
hmm
I would swap it out to be safe.