EpTouch vs IP5 (What we know)

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm talking more the Fisher-Price materials quality than the design. If it had a metal back, or soft touch plastic, it would be fine. In feel alone the E4GT is at the back of the Android pack.

Yeah different strokes for different folks. I, for one, don't really care what my phone is made out of as long as it can withstand drops and doesn't scratch easily (not that I drop my phone but you never know...).

SpaceDroid

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah different strokes for different folks. I, for one, don't really care what my phone is made out of as long as it can withstand drops and doesn't scratch easily (not that I drop my phone but you never know...).

Like the iphone4's glass shell. What a lame idea. My idiodic brother already has cracked his. Not the screen, but the rear shell. So if build quality is a concern here, Apple gets a big FAIL.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Like the iphone4's glass shell. What a lame idea. My idiodic brother already has cracked his. Not the screen, but the rear shell. So if build quality is a concern here, Apple gets a big FAIL.

Build quality is different than durability. The iPhone beats the E4GT hands down in build quality. In durability, the E4GT would win, thanks to not having that back glass.

And keep in mind, some people like the quality of the iPhone (including yours truly), but just can't deal with how locked-down iOS is. I have yet to find an Android phone that could match the iPhone's build quality. Closest I found was the LG G2X and (slightly lower down the rung) the HTC Sensation.

dammitcubs

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
One would think so -- afterall, Apple's only had about a year and a half since their last phone was released to work on their next model. ;)

You hope but this isn't necessarily true. Product life cycles start 18 months prior and you hope everything works out great so you can launch your product at a reasonable times, but it could of been pushed due to other issues. It's not like it's kindergarden to make a processor even faster. And no, adding more MHZ is not an answer, it's just a patch

SpaceDroid

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
The build of the iphone4 is horrible then under your own merits. Its enclosed shell design is in and of itself a "locked down" or rather locked out design. No expandable sd or battery is possible.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I find the build quality of the epic to be great. Love it. The iPhone 5? It will likelybe great as well. These two devices are thin fast sexy.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Build quality is different than durability. The iPhone beats the E4GT hands down in build quality. In durability, the E4GT would win, thanks to not having that back glass.

And keep in mind, some people like the quality of the iPhone (including yours truly), but just can't deal with how locked-down iOS is. I have yet to find an Android phone that could match the iPhone's build quality. Closest I found was the LG G2X and (slightly lower down the rung) the HTC Sensation.

the bionic build quality was no better than the ETouch. There is that beveled lint trap bahaha!

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
the bionic build quality was no better than the ETouch. There is that beveled lint trap bahaha!

Eh. Its subjective. The bevel is a nice touch for me, since it makes it feel a bit more unique and substantial. And the lint trap isn't as bad as you might think.