GPS locking on Sprint GS2 sub-par

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Mine locks fast enough but the problem is that I just checked it and its at least a half of a mile off of my actual location. I'm in a riverside office building. It has my location about a half of a mile out in the river (bad omen?). Even the best lock was about 30 yards off a week ago. It had me in my neighbors house. First Samsung phone and never had this issue with any of my EVOs or prior phones. Interesting.....

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm not having any gps issues. This may be obvious to most, but do you all with slow lock have these setting enabled?

Sent from a pocket-sized computer that also makes calls

Malkozaine

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm not having any gps issues. This may be obvious to most, but do you all with slow lock have these setting enabled?

Sent from a pocket-sized computer that also makes calls

I have them all turned on. Though my issue is I can get a lock but the gps wont follow in the sprint nav.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

h4ldol

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I've been having more GPS locking issues recently -- in that it takes an unfortunately long time (several minutes or more) to lock in a GPS signal. It seems to be mostly when it's cloudy/rainy outside (which is often out here in the Pacific Northwest), which may be understandable, but sometimes it happens when it just somewhat overcast or sometimes not even cloudy at all. I swear it was super speedy at locking in before but now it seems to be taking longer. Don't know if it's a trend/issue, but I hope it isn't!

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
See the Getting Started section on Extend Your Battery - Speed Up Your Phone.

Periodically resetting your GPS can save battery and get a fix quicker.
Enhance Your GPS
Turn on GPS when needed: Tap Home > Menu > Settings > Location and security.
? Turn Use wireless networks ON, Use GPS satellites ON, and Use sensor aiding ON.
? GPS takes a lot of power especially when navigating. Turn OFF when not needed.
Periodically reset GPS data and download fresh data for faster GPS fix & to save battery.
? Install GPS Status & Toolbox (free, $3 upgrade) and open app to see your GPS accuracy
? Tap Menu > Tools > Manage A-GPS state and tap Reset then tap Download.
? Test your GPS: Tap Menu > Settings > Show time to GPS fix

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non