How to delete the "Not assigned" contacts/numbers

aquaholik

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I have lots of contacts and likes to organize them into groups. I know I can choose what to show in contacts but the "Not assigned" contacts annoys me because it sometimes shows up in Vlingo Voice apps.

The "Not assigned" contacts are usually a result of syncing Facebook and Skype Contacts when I first installed the programs. Later, even when you choose to unsync the contacts, it is still there. So if you want to get rid of the "Not assigned" contacts, delete the Facebook and Skype apps. That should get rid of the contacts in the "Not assigned" groups. Now reinstall Facebook and Skype and make sure you do not sync the contacts when the program first start.

I keep and edit all my contacts under the gmail contacts and only want those to show up under the phone contact list.

MissFlora

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
For Gmail users who would like to delete their Gmail contacts from their contact list, you can go to Gmail contacts, have them deleted. And then go to your android device, sync Gmail contacts. The list will be cleared.

hdamn

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
In Gmail (on the web) most of the 'not assigned contacts' (as you find them on your gmail-synced android device) are kind of hidden: in the contacts area: hovering over the groups on the left will reveal a group 'other contacts'
Clipboard01.jpg
that contains a great deal of these 'unassigned' bastards. Here you can perform group operations on them (like kill 'm all ;))

Mark Adams1

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a similar problem. I have over 1100 names in "not assigned," most of them with a "G" next to them and they are definitely from an "other contacts" folder in my Gmail, and somehow were downloaded to my Galaxy 3. I do not have GMail syncing my contacts, so I' don't know how they got there, but they did, I know that if I delete them on my Gmail and then sync my phone they will be deleted there, but ...will it also download all my contacts? All I want to do is get rid of most of the "not assigned" contacts, but doing each one individually is the only way I can see doing it on the phone itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome