Video proof that this battery is HORRIBLE!

stevedeezy

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
i'm in the same boat as the OP. reading around on XDA, it appears that my phone suffers from the android OS bug. my battery stats consistenly show my android os use to be upwards of 50% all the time. i take my phone off of the charger at 6:30am and will get the 20% battery notice by 11:30am. this has happened for the past 3 days with very light use while at work. luckily, i have only had the phone for 5 days so i am going to exchange it for another one tonight when i am off work.

freedumb87

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Please see the attached video and you will easily witness the horrible battery drain that this phone has. The video begins and as it ends that horrid battery of this phone you will witness an 11 percent drop in 10 minutes. Many of the fanboys accused me of being a troll becasue I spoke the truth about this phone and its poor battery but here is your proof

Watch the video again and pay attention to the clock on the phone, not the timer on the youtube video.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
i'm in the same boat as the OP. reading around on XDA, it appears that my phone suffers from the android OS bug. my battery stats consistenly show my android os use to be upwards of 50% all the time. i take my phone off of the charger at 6:30am and will get the 20% battery notice by 11:30am. this has happened for the past 3 days with very light use while at work. luckily, i have only had the phone for 5 days so i am going to exchange it for another one tonight when i am off work.

Yes something is wrong in your case. No way you should be seeing that drain over 5 hours of light use. I happen to be right at 5 hours off the charger today and my phone is at 80%. That's with 45 mins of audio streaming via bluetooth, a couple of calls and 30 mins of screen on time that includes some web browsing in the men's room (*ahem*) and a bit of Angry Birds.

Out of curiosity, how's you signal strength at work? One of the biggest enemies of battery life on Sprint CDMA is a poor cell signal.

stevedeezy

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Out of curiosity, how's you signal strength at work? One of the biggest enemies of battery life on Sprint CDMA is a poor cell signal.

signal strength in my building is not the greatest but i have only been getting about 6hrs of moderate usage outside of work at home on wifi and with an airave. looking at my battery stats, the time w/out a signal is 30%.

main usage for me is email, text & social. no streaming whatsoever.

mrnd23

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Seriously this guy is not even worth replying to. he has been complaining about everything on this phone not realizing that he is in the minority. Everyone has the bad luck of receiving a bad piece. He has been adviced by multiple people he has a bad piece and should return it or exchange it. But all he does is keep posting the same complaint in different threads.
People who are facing issues please follow the many different suggestions given in this forum and if it doesnt work then try ti return or exchange ur phone.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Please see the attached video and you will easily witness the horrible battery drain that MY phone has.
FTFYT.

What is this bug? I'm having intermittent hot phone/crazy drain issues in that it's cool as a cucumber or lasts quite well for a few days and then it goes nuts like it's doing now. I'm trying to rule out Live Wallpapers or rogue apps, but the one thing I was wondering was why Android OS was eating over 50% of the time, waaaaaaaaaaay over the amount the Display takes. How do I test for and rectify the bug? Thanks.

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Ok this is the deal the problem with these phones is the OS bug hat drains the battery.. check out the Xda forums ..if you got to battery usage you will notice that the phone stays awake when it is supposed to be sleeping..why doesn't Samsung fix this? ? If so the battery would be great ..I mean Motorola and HTC seems to get updates out in no time but Samsung has this major issue of customer service

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
..if you got to battery usage you will notice that the phone stays awake when it is supposed to be sleeping..why doesn't Samsung fix this?

See the blank spots under Awake on the attached pic? This means my phone is asleep yeah? Take a screen shot and show us your solid blue bar when the screen is off.

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
This thread its simply proof that the OP can't tell time!

Oh and as everyone else, I get 15 hours give or take every day!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
See the blank spots under Awake on the attached pic? This means my phone is asleep yeah? Take a screen shot and show us your solid blue bar when the screen is off.
You are wrong sir you phones awake time should match your screen time ..this simply proves my point that the awake is on more than the xcreen is which decreases battery life ..I got this from a known developer at xda ..thanks for proving my point

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
1. There is no such thing as an "Android OS" bug. Those percentages HAVE TO ADD UP TO 100. Even if you've only used 1% of your battery, things have used it, and will show up in the battery screen. Think for a minute.

2. Screen time can not = awake time, unless you have a magic phone that turns the screen on every time the phone pings the network. Screen time = the amount of time the screen was on. Awake time = the amount of time the phone was doing something. Things do not stop just because your screen went black.

3. Stop the personal attacks and links about the OP. Only warning you'll get. You may not like what the OP has to say, but he is allowed to say it as long as he isn't breaking the rules.

carry on fellas, but respect each other :)

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
You are wrong sir you phones awake time should match your screen time ..this simply proves my point that the awake is on more than the xcreen is which decreases battery life ..I got this from a known developer at xda ..thanks for proving my point

It's only awake depending on what you're doing. If you're downloading something on the market and turn off the screen, it's obviously still going to be awake and not go into sleep mode.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

No, I've actually completely debunked your point. Awake time will rarely, if ever match one's screen on time. The blocks of awake while my screen is off would be streaming audio via bluetooth during my drive to work. Yeah the screen can be off while playing audio (I know shocker). Not to mention the other things that wake the phone up briefly, like weather updates, email pushes, incoming texts, among other things.

Edit - I just noticed Jerry already beat me to it. Anyhoo, yeah what he said.

eagle63

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Two of the biggest savers I found was to set my email polling to every 5 minutes rather than every minute and to set my screen timeout to 2 minutes.

Yikes, push email should be way more efficient than polling every 5 minutes. Are you sure that helped your battery? I'd try going to push and see what happens.

GCMS

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
3. Stop the personal attacks and links about the OP. Only warning you'll get. You may not like what the OP has to say, but he is allowed to say it as long as he isn't breaking the rules.

carry on fellas, but respect each other :)

"That said, we have a zero tolerance policy toward individuals who come into the forums just to tear it apart. If you think the Epic 4G Touch sucks then try hanging out in your own forum instead. This forum is dedicated enthusiasts - not haters."

As Per Corey Streater

With all due respect, doesn't this apply? Many posters on here have helped and advised the OP about battery life in a respectable way even so much as recommending another type of phone. But yet continiously belittles the battery life of the E4GT. Not trying to start anything, just want to be clear of the rules, thanks!

stevedeezy

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
so i exchanged my phone last night and re-installed everything that i had the phone i returned. this morning, i am experiencing similar battery drain. after 2hrs of very light use and the wifi turned off after about 45 minutes off of the charger, my battery percentage is down to 73%.

SC20111020-082919.png

SC20111020-083255.png

any suggestions to improve my battery life?

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
so i exchanged my phone last night and re-installed everything that i had the phone i returned. this morning, i am experiencing similar battery drain. after 2hrs of very light use and the wifi turned off after about 45 minutes off of the charger, my battery percentage is down to 73%.

SC20111020-082919.png

SC20111020-083255.png

any suggestions to improve my battery life?

That is a boatload of awake time. You must have alot of apps syncing

I'm TMack, and I approve this message.

madkaw

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I have been on facebook 3 times today, I have 4 email accts. one of them push sent a few texts to two different people and I still have this much battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa