how do I duplicate or copy a contact?

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to copy a contact and create a duplicate (to be edited - instead of entering in most of the same data twice). Thought I saw it in a thread once upon a time, but can't for the life of me find it searching. Anyone know how to do this?

For example, I have a contact, Jane Doe, with phone #s, addresses, etc. I'd like to add a contact, John Doe, her husband. Most of the data is the same, so I'd like to copy or create a duplicate of Jane, then edit it with John's info.

Can't seem to find the way to do this... thanks in advance.

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Go to the contact card you need, hit menu - more - send name card via. Then email to yourself. You will see a download icon and when you click it will prompt you to save contact

I'm TMack, and I approve this message.

Reactions: TheMacs

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
There very well could be, I just don't know it. After I read your post that was the first thing I tried and it worked. Seems a little lengthy

I'm TMack, and I approve this message.

mobileindasix

Jan 7, 2019
Visit site
Seems a little lengthy .

I know this is an old thread but it was the top one that I found looking to solve the same problem.

The only thing I would add is that you don't actually need to send the contact you only need to start the process so that it puts the contact into, in my case, a text message.

Then I switched back to the contact, made a small change to the name, saved it, switched back to the text message, tapped on the attachment to open it, and saved it.

FYI I tried it once without making a small change to the original contact first and I when I saved the new contact it still remained one contact instead of two. That's why I made the small change to the name first.

No need to actually send the contact out and back.

Seems like a lot of effort has gone into making sure there are no duplicate contacts. Apparently lots of duplicate contacts get created for people against their will however there is no easy way to create them <twilight zone music here>

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89