Caller ID mistakes

jkrezdorn

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had an issue with caller Id being wrong. I forward my office calls to my cell. I put telemarketers in a group. I also hve customers in a group. On two occasions caller id said it was from telemarketer group. I decided I would waste some time and play with them. Only to find out it was actually a customer. Today I picked up expecting to be speaking to a customer named Ron only to find out it was someone else. His name and # came up. I asked her what number she was calling from? Nothing even close to ron's. HMMM

faizalstar

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
i have 2 contacts with different numbers but when i call one of them, the other contact name shows up but the correct number! almost what you see but only when i make calls. annoying indeed.

jkrezdorn

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Very annoying, as I am expecting to be talking with one customer only to find it is not them. I ordered a referb yesterday as I have a bunch of small issues. Can't 3g roam, caller id issue, ringer acts funny, reception bad, and a fer other issues I can't remember. Love the phone. I hope it fixes the issues. Otherwise I love my phone

Kozmo

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I've had the problem once, but I had the same problem with the same number/contact on my HTC Hero about a month before replacing it with the GSII. I'm guessing it may be a Google Voice issue and not specifically a GSII issue.

jkrezdorn

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
This happened when I first got the phone. I deleted the contact and reentered only to have the issue with another contact. I am going to try to delete the contact and renter to test it. It just happened again today and several times last week. I want to see if I can find a common issue with the contacts that are doing this.

mrcminnesota

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
jkrezdorn - I would actually delete all contacts on the phone and resync with gmail (if they are all backed up that way).
As far as not able to roam 3g, I also have that issue and reported it. My cell reception isn't bad so I don't have that problem. I also like this phone but I don't think you are going to do any better with another one - I had "replaced" mine 2 other times for other issues but "none" would roam 3g (I can roam with voice just not data). I know I have the roam set up correctly as I roamed "once" with data (also had the roaming usage on my bill).
Good luck:)

jkrezdorn

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Well I deleted all contacts. Resynced. Yesterday a customer called and Ron's Name came up. the customer was in my office, I deleted his contact, asked them to call me again and just his Phone # came up. What is going on?????

mrcminnesota

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
jkrezdorn - do you use Google Voice? I noticed Kozmo mentioned it. I noticed in a search of the web that similar issues were reported with google, etc a couple of years ago. I don't use Google Voice and I do not have this issue nor have I ever with my Hero prior to the Epic 4G Touch

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Google voice has given me issues too. It was OK at first then got real wonky on my evo's. It never worked right on my moPho and I won't even dare to put it on my E4GT. I personally think ever since Sprint added it as a feature, it went down hill.

jkrezdorn

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I do not use Google voice. This issue continues after factory reset and deleted contacts. My referb is in. I hope that will solve this issue along with the few other bugs. I am going to try to pick it up tomorrow. Thanks all

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez