Help with Weird Mode

lancehart

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone tell me what weird "mode" this is?

Seemingly at random, but always in my car, my Epic Touch will suddenly switch into a weird new mode... that I can't get out of. I'm going to try and attach a picture to show it.

If I press the X to get out of it, it goes back to normal, until I hit the home button and it goes right back.
Every call I get suddenly goes to speakerphone automatically and the only way I can find to get it to go back to normal is to power it down and reboot.

So what is it, what's causing it, and how do I get out of it without rebooting?

weirdmode.jpg

Guapo104

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I had this same mode happen to me the other day and I had to reboot my phone to get out of it. Anyone have an explaination of this mode?? Really is a pain in the A$$...

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Well I can tell you what it is, thats the samsung dock app for the desktop dock. I have no clue why it would do that in your car. Are you using any kind of dock?

Oddly the official samsung (infuse) car dock triggers the Voice Command app / car dock screen.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yup that's a dock mode. I'm guessing you're plugging it in to a 3rd party car charger, and that charger is triggering the dock mode for some reason.

Guapo104

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Come to think of it, I did plug my phone into my Blackberry car charger. So now that I know makes go into that mode, how do I get it out of dock mode once I unplug my phone from my car charger without having to reboot??

lancehart

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Yup that's a dock mode. I'm guessing you're plugging it in to a 3rd party car charger, and that charger is triggering the dock mode for some reason.

Now that I think about it, that is the problem exactly. It did only happen when I had it plugged in to an old car charger.

Ok, next question is... how can you get it out of Dock Mode without having to restart?

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
This is a glitch my phone is doing the same thing I have had 2 epic touch my first one never did this my current one does. I temporary fixed by downloading another dock so now when dock mode wants to kick in it gives me a menu to choose which dock I just do not choose and exit out and my home button is not effected
I also notice that that mode tries to kick in more often when google maps and navigation is used
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone tell me what weird "mode" this is?

Seemingly at random, but always in my car, my Epic Touch will suddenly switch into a weird new mode... that I can't get out of. I'm going to try and attach a picture to show it.

If I press the X to get out of it, it goes back to normal, until I hit the home button and it goes right back.
Every call I get suddenly goes to speakerphone automatically and the only way I can find to get it to go back to normal is to power it down and reboot.

So what is it, what's causing it, and how do I get out of it without rebooting?

weirdmode.jpg

After some trial and error I finally found a solution. I bought a micro usb car charger from Radio Shack for $22 problem is gone!

It's the PointMobi car charger without the extra usb.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Cool! Glad you got it resolved. I'd guess there is a bug with the dock software that presents itself with the configuration of certain chargers, where the phone thinks it's on a dock.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty