Change Icons in notification Bar???

bjones521

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Is there anyway to change the wifi, bluetooth, gps, 4g icons that are in the notification bar?? I want to add auto-rotate screen.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Don't know, but I use a Dazzle widget to toggle auto rotation. But on my homescreen, not the notification bar. I haven't seen any tips on how to change that.

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Yes, how is this done? The change of colors in the signal bars, and the batt. Life in numbers, is this built into go launcher? Can you use other colors in your task bar?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes, how is this done? The change of colors in the signal bars, and the batt. Life in numbers, is this built into go launcher? Can you use other colors in your task bar?

The colors and images on your status bar are a function of your ROM, so in order to change them, you have to root and flash a ROM and/or theme (a theme is basically a partial ROM that only modifies certain elements of it) that has modified them. As far as I know, there is no way to change them with an App or Launcher.

Reactions: Samsmalls

Samsmalls

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks jay I didn't kno you had to flash roms for this, its definitely stylish another reason to join the root club. I can honestly say that if this phone doesn't receive the ice cream update, I think I'll have a few rom questions for you!

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Sup Jay, you mind telling me what ROM and/or theme this is?

Sure, it's Overstew's "Ciano Theme" and Go Launcher with the ICS theme. Overstew has a ICS theme out that is a bit more complete and that I like better than Ciano but it's not compatible with viperROM yet, so the Go Launcher theme with Ciano does the trick for now. I'm having to resist the urge to move to Calkulin's ROM though, as it seems to be picking up much more theme support. viperROM is excellent however and I want to see what's in the next update then make my decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38