Need recommendation on iPhone-esq keyboard

andro ID

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I know another post seeking an iPhone-like keyboard.. I love the GSII, just hate the tight key spacing on the phone when used in portrait mode, which is the majority of the way I input text.

Can anyone recommend a keyboard that has the spacing between the keys similar to the iPhone's? The ".com" key would also be nice, but not a must.

I did find a free one in the Andr Mkt, but the majority of the comments from users said it was initiating spam phishing and tons of banner ads, so I assume I will have to go with a paid app to avoid all that stuff- which is fine.

I did read some of the previous related posts in a search but could not come away with an obvious choice that many agree on works without negative baggage.

Thanks for recommendations

tublecane

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Try better keyboard or smart keyboard pro. I'm not that familiar with the iphone but smart keyboard pro has a ton of options for customizing it the way you want.

S.I.D. CrAzY

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I was looking for the same thing, since I really like the iPhone keyboard and hate the stock S2 one.

Perfect Keyboard is exactly like the iPhone/iPod Touch keyboard, it's the one I'm using right now.

lilotimz

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Use the Samsung keyboard that all GSII comes with. It's about as close as you can get to the iphone keyboard plus it has even more! A keyboard page full of emoticons!

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Go Keyboard with the iPhone theme and the go launcher with iPhone theme wow it's great!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

eagle63

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Use the Samsung keyboard that all GSII comes with. It's about as close as you can get to the iphone keyboard plus it has even more! A keyboard page full of emoticons!

The samsung keyboard is garbage and is not like the iphone keyboard. I wish samsung would have included the stock gingerbread keyboard. That one is pretty nice.

vincentallen2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Itap, I use it with my nexus s 4g and its the best iPhone keyboard out there, plus it still has the voice command button included as well. Trust me, you won't be sorry :)

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I just downloaded the ice cream sandwich keyboard from the market. Someone made it from the source code. Seems to be working pretty well so far.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Another recommendation for Swiftkey X. It's an over-all good keyboard and recent updates allow you to adjust the height of the keyboard to increase the key space. That's a big plus for me.

silx29#AC

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Another recommendation for Swiftkey X. It's an over-all good keyboard and recent updates allow you to adjust the height of the keyboard to increase the key space. That's a big plus for me.

I also vote for Swiftkey X. It's a great keyboard, one of better predictor I've seen. But how do I adjust key space lol

tearfang

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I recently switched from an iPhone (3GS) to the Galaxy SII. I played around with a lot of keyboards and really like the swiftKey keyboard. It isn't exactly like the iphone keyboard, but coming from an iPhone I love it. The only reason I haven't bought it yet is bc my 30 day free trial isn't up yet. If you have some time give it a try.

Note its strongest feature is its personalized word prediction which requires ability to read sms emails etc. so I if you are privacy paranoid I can't exactly recommend it as it requires some level of trust.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty