Hide icon packs in gallery app

repinphilly247

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I downloaded some custom icon packs from the web. The issue is that when I go to the gallery to share or look at photos, it is full of folders for icons, making it harder to find screen shots or other wanted folders from pic say pro or paper camera.

Is there any way to hide folders in the gallery?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure file folder apps exist that can hide these files. You can also consolidate the icon packs to one file. Create a parent folder and drop the packs in as sub folders.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Navigate to the folder where these icon packs are using a file explorer like My Files that comes with this phone (Astro File Manager is a nice free choice as well). Hold your finger down on the folder, select rename and put a period at the front of the folder name. The gallery will treat this as a system folder and not show it.

Make sure you enable "show hidden files" in your file explorer if want to see the folder again.

Sent from my E4GT via Tapatalk

Reactions: repinphilly247

repinphilly247

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure file folder apps exist that can hide these files. You can also consolidate the icon packs to one file. Create a parent folder and drop the packs in as sub folders.

The icons are in a main folder called Android Icons with each pack in separate folders. They still show up as separate folders in the gallery app.

Navigate to the folder where these icon packs are using a file explorer like My Files that comes with this phone (Astro File Manager is a nice free choice as well). Hold your finger down on the folder, select rename and put a period at the front of the folder name. The gallery will treat this as a system folder and not show it.

Make sure you enable "show hidden files" in your file explorer if want to see the folder again.

Sent from my E4GT via Tapatalk

This worked great. Now to replace icons I would temporarily rename the folder (without the period in front).

Side question - This does the same thing with album art for music (puts them into separate folders in the gallery app). Putting the period in front of the music folder makes the songs not show up in the music app. What should I do to hide the album art in the gallery? Really wish there was someway to hide certain folders in the gallery app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38