Any way to set the "contacts" icon in the dock to go to Favorites

clouser

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
The 'Contacts' icon in the dock takes me to my list of hundreds of contacts, and I always have to switch over to the 'Favorites' view. Is there any way to change or replace this shortcut with one that takes me straight into my favorites?

dm3ready

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Any way to set the "contacts" icon in the dock to go to Favor

My contacts appears to default to the last used tab; Favorites, Contacts, or Groups.

davis.rob

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site

There's a Folder widget for your "starred" contacts, which you could put on a home screen or the app bar. That will give you the same list of contacts as your "Favorites", and then go to their Contact info when you select one.

clouser

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site

There's a Folder widget for your "starred" contacts, which you could put on a home screen or the app bar. That will give you the same list of contacts as your "Favorites", and then go to their Contact info when you select one.

The starred contacts folder is perfect... now how do I get it into the dock? I know how to replace icons down there with other apps from the app drawer, but cannot figure out how to get a widget or folder in there?

davis.rob

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site

Hmm ... that's odd ... never tried it and I just assumed you could, but I can't find a way either. You may have to settle with just having it on the home screen.

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

I took a slightly different approach, I replaced the stock dialer with TouchPal dialer. It has a recent calls list at the top that list each name only once in the list and allows you to call with just one touch. Works great for me, 90% of the time my "starred" or favorite contacts are right there and can simply click on them. Samsung could really take notes from HTC on the layout and function of how a dialer should work!

ranlor7

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site

I cannot find my contacts icon anywhere nor can I figure out how to block unwanted numbers...any help?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa