Airplane Mode with Handcent

coachdvc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm flying out of the country for a week and plan on taking my phone with me. I will be in a house with wifi. In airplane mode, I seem to be able to use most of the apps I want to like Whatsapp, Facebook, Internet (Dolphin Browser), etc. However, I can't seem to be able to text message using Handcent.

Does anyone know why Handcent wouldn't work in airplane mode with wifi?

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm flying out of the country for a week and plan on taking my phone with me. I will be in a house with wifi. In airplane mode, I seem to be able to use most of the apps I want to like Whatsapp, Facebook, Internet (Dolphin Browser), etc. However, I can't seem to be able to text message using Handcent.

Does anyone know why Handcent wouldn't work in airplane mode with wifi?

Handcent is pretty much just a themed messing app, it still sends the same way. Maybe you could try google voice? It will allow you to use messaging over wifi and I am pretty sure you can't port your number.

Reactions: coachdvc

joe8617

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Just to clarify the other poster's information, GoSms is just sending text messages. SMS text messages still use the same radio as your telephone calls and so you can't send texts in airplane mode. The google voice thing might work for you if you want to put the time in on that? I'm pretty sure he meant to say you "can" port your number.

Have a good trip.

Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38