Question Cubot Connectivity

robonandroid

Nov 16, 2023
Visit site
Hi - bit of a newbie to smartphones though reasonably savvy with apps on chrome and computers. Recently purchased a Cubot Mini3 (android12) - love the form factor. However calls in my house are really unreliable - crystal clear for one call - cutting out on the next, Always good when reverting to landline so no issue the other end. suspect its not connecting to wifi - have lebara who allow wifi calling. tried airplane mode to force wifi though it won't call at all with it on. its linked to my wifi fine and i have the setting to prefer wifi - suspect its randomly still preferring mobile signal though which is not good in my house according to everyone who's been here. phone seems fine 'on the go'. have 'call over wifi' enabled and picking up wifi signal. maybe i need to change the APN to 'lebara web' when i'm home?? - if so; pity it can't detect that automatically?? is this likely to be an issue for me whatever android phone I have? on the cusp of sending the thing back..... any advice??? thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That's almost certainly an issue with the phone's firmware, and not Android in general -- I've never had that problem with any of my Pixel phones.

One possibility would be if you have wi-fi extenders in your house. Those often don't work very well, in that they don't hand off the connection between access points very smoothly (so if you're connected to one point, then wander to another part of the house, the phone might stubbornly remain connected to that point, despite it being far away and having a weak signal). Mesh wi-fi networks work much better for coverage across a big house.

Reactions: robonandroid

robonandroid

Nov 16, 2023
Visit site
Wi-Fi calling woes with your Cubot Mini3, huh? Try enabling "Wi-Fi calling" and consider tweaking the APN settings to 'lebara web' when you're home. Sometimes, phones can be a bit stubborn in picking signals.
thanks - yes wifi calling is enabled and it does go through sometimes. the phone is strangely reluctant to be switched to lebara web APN though after a few clicks does change - is that 'normal'?