Epic Touch Voice Command app and blutooth settings

LoveMyPhone

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way to get the Voice Command app to open to a command (like call work) without having to actually "tap" the phone? I have a Jabra Freeway hands free car unit that connects each time I get in the car. If I tap the "voice" button then I can open voice command by saying "phone commands" but voice command won't do anything till I actually tap the phone and say something like, "call John, mobile" or "send a text to...". And that means having to take my phone out of my pocket, wake it up so I can tap the screen. :( All that kind of blows the whole "hands free" idea!

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I think the phone needs to stay on. If it's plugged in you can use an app called stay awake. Go into voice talk hit menu and then voice talk. I think u can leave that running and just say hi galaxy to activate the phone. Hope that works

Reactions: LoveMyPhone

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't use the voice apps much, but did you enable auto-start listening? If you hit menu and settings when in the VC app, there is a checkbox to enable this. This may be what you're looking for. If not, I'll keep working on it with you to see if we can come up with something.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: LoveMyPhone

LoveMyPhone

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I think the phone needs to stay on. If it's plugged in you can use an app called stay awake. Go into voice talk hit menu and then voice talk. I think u can leave that running and just say hi galaxy to activate the phone. Hope that works

I will try that. If it works, that would be better than it is now! I believe it does have something to do with being awake.
when I get in the car the Freeway does connect but it doesn't wake the phone. When I take the phone out of my pocket and hit the power button "voice command" is there waiting for me to "tap to speak"

LoveMyPhone

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't use the voice apps much, but did you enable auto-start listening? If you hit menu and settings when in the VC app, there is a checkbox to enable this. This may be what you're looking for. If not, I'll keep working on it with you to see if we can come up with something.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, auto-start listening is enabled.

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I can't use any of the voice command features. I think some of it has to do with having to have my phone password protected. Once I put in the password it works fine but defeats the purpose if I have to put in a password while I'm driving

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty