How to remove bluetooth paired devices

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Hi, since manually updating to ICS, I can't for the life of me figure out how to remove my bluetooth headset and start over. I can't find the option to delete it. Since the update it rarely connects so I want for set it up again. Can anyone help? I can only find the option to unpaired which doesn't seem to do anything. Thanks

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I ended up doing a factory reset because things were just acting screwy a little now it pairs fine. I still think there should be an option to remove it though.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

davis.rob

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I think I found the answer to this. You "unpair" the device and then do a reboot while the device is not reachable. Some folks say just a "rescan" will get rid of it, but I had to do reboot on my phone.

noshooz

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I can't seem to get Bluetooth to work with any device other than my Jabra Helo stereo headsets since upgrading to ICS. The phone is showing that I'm "paired", but when trying to transfer photos or files to/from my computer, it just gives me "failed to connect" errors. Frustrating!!

im2bd12c

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Select Menu > Settings > Bluetooth On. Touch the little gear icon to the right of the device to be unpaired. That should give you an option to "UNPAIR". Just tapping "UNPAIR" does NOT work. Press and hold for several seconds on "UNPAIR" before releasing. Then the next screen should show the device as unpaired. Restart the phone to completely delete the entry.

MarkLaV74

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
my problem is in Jelly Bean I have two devices listed as being available in the bluetooth menu but can not figure out how to remove them.

Michael Gordon2

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I was reading this post today as I had exactly the same issue. I have a Samsung Galaxy II (GT-N9010) and a Samsung Note 10.12 tablet (GT-N8010) here in the UK. I am running 4.04 (ICS) on the phone, and 4.12 (Jellybean) on the tablet.
I, too, had these ghosts when I attempted to connect via Bluetooth. The tablet was fine but the phone had two entries called GT-N8010 and one named Samsung Tablet. When I tried any of them the upload was either unsuccessful or the device was unavailable.
Tried what was available, to no avail, so I switched everything off and took out the phone battery and hey presto, one device (GT-N8010) and the transfer worked

Mike

Merxnb5

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
If you have upgraded from ICS to Jelly bean you may not be able to see the gear icon nor have the option to delete the device you have listed .
1. All you have to do make sure the blue tooth devices you are trying to remove are switched OFF.
2. Reboot your phone with the blue tooth powered ON

works...

megabyte24

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Turning Bluetooth off and then on again, removed my Unpaired (Long press on Bluetooth item) Bluetooth headset from the then-listed-in-"Available" list.

Kalpita Hardikar

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have tried the suggestion given by you it was very useful, after unpairing of blutooth done, switch off the phone take out the battery and then switch on , all unpaired bluetooths will be removed.

hfp

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
I recently tried to pair a bluetooth mouse and had to the following to get it to work. I went to PC Settings, devices, add a device, and I made sure my wireless blue tooth mouse was turned on and the discoverable button had been pressed on the mouse. The mouse then showed up for a second time in the list and I was able to pair it. I never have been able to remove any devices or unpair anything, so I wouldn't recommend that.